Why lockdowns are the wrong policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollerbearing

There remains the question of immunity.

Per this article, one study showed that only 15% of those who tested positive for COVID-19 developed the type of antibodies that are protective against re-infection. Certainly more studies are needed before drawing conclusions. At the end of the article he has some suggestions for returning. None of which were "Don't return", but rather understand that there might be risk and deal with it where possible. And certainly some risks can't be dealt with and will just have to be accepted. There will be those who choose to participate and those who choose to abstain.

And data from Kaiser California, and what I've seen from our local department of health, indicates that of the people who required hospitalization, the total number from the age range (18 to 60 years) practically equalled the number from (60 on up). To that they stated:

These findings underscore the importance of public health interventions that prevent transmission for the entire public to mitigate hospital surges.

Hopefully it won't come to it, but hospital capacity may be the line in the sand (even with the elders isolated) requiring a step back from full open. With new treatments it may be possible to reduce hospital usage - antivirals, discharge with home oxygen, etc.

Last edited:

rollerbearing

The lock down has no advantages, the little guy and his employees are getting totally screwed. In a country where all men are "created equally" , what part is equal about some businesses making windfall profits while at the same time some businesses are running in the red? I have already emailed President Trump about this issue and I hope it is not falling on deaf ears. I also intend to write Ron Paul, the biggest constitutional hawk in DC.

Also I did the math on the 1005 people polled by fake WAPO, and my calculations came up that only 0.00030308231456913% of Americans were polled. :rolleyes:

View attachment 135153

Yes, that is a tiny number. Here is another COVID survey with some of the same questions and a whole lot more. Gives a picture of the tri-state region. Which I know has very dense population areas AND rural areas. So there will be differences in perspective from the aggregate presented. Unfortunately, there is no way to sort that out from the survey data. Look at it or not, your choice.

Thanasis

Lockdowns are gradually being lifted, most everywhere. What is the point of this discussion, other than pontificating. I regret wasting my time on this thread.

ECU

It doesn't seem that the state is doing the opening. More of a civil disobedience type thing.

Thanasis

flman

Okay wait for it....... Red Herring cop out!
It doesn't seem that the state is doing the opening. More of a civil disobedience type thing.
Obviously he lives in the state of Denial?

flman

The curve has been flattened, that was the goal, open things up!

I can't wait until you are all changing your tunes this summer, when your Sprinters are setting in the driveways and your summer plans are canceled due to an overblown BS lock down. You guys accepting this is giving the governors more traction.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
One should look at the positives regarding the virus:

1. Some people and businesses will learn to function without driving to work each day.
2. The traffic will be reduced. Driving will be more pleasurable.
3. The environment will be improved due to lea traffic.
4. Parents will have to be more evolved with their kids.
5. Reducing the population will be beneficial.
6. Fuel prices will be less due to less demand.
7. People will learn to entertain themselves at home.
8. Good to own toilet paper and sanitizer manufacturers stock.
9. We will all learn to be more sanitary in our daily lives.
10. People will learn to cook at home more and probably eat better food.
11. Reduced issues with the service at restaurants.
12, Reduced wasteful food packaging material.
13. We will be better trained on what stocks to own.

I am sure there are many more positives. Our world will be changed in many ways. We will live differently than before the virus.

hugh

STOP THE SQUEAL
Obviously he lives in the state of Denial?
If it is obvious, why add the question mark?

Is there a right policy? There were a bunch of bad options, each bad for different reasons, each assured to annoy about 40% of the population. They picked one. C'est la vie.

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
This video has some good information that shouldn't go out of date. It is not strictly about Sweden. Opening from other lock downs/situations in other countries is discussed.

It is quite long. If you're not inclined to watch the entire video I would suggest that you spend a few minutes at the 10:00, 18:00, 40:00 minute marks.

:2cents: vic

Last edited:

flman

1. Some people and businesses will learn to function without driving to work each day.

I am sure there are many more positives. Our world will be changed in many ways. We will live differently than before the virus.
Are you people totally indoctrinated, 30 million people out of work, businesses going bankrupt, and you think there are positives? Tell me about it, next year when we still have food shortages, suicides, domestic abuse, substance abuse, etc.......

Take off your rose colored glasses.
Every single business depends on another, you work from home types, will be feeling the pain, sooner or later.

flman

If it is obvious, why add the question mark?

Is there a right policy? There were a bunch of bad options, each bad for different reasons, each assured to annoy about 40% of the population. They picked one. C'est la vie.
Because it was a question for him, not you, DUH.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT

95919332_584976142150001_4801914303265374208_n.jpg

sikwan

06 T1N Can
Are you people totally indoctrinated, 30 million people out of work, businesses going bankrupt, and you think there are positives? Tell me about it, next year when we still have food shortages, suicides, domestic abuse, substance abuse, etc.......
I don't think he's celebrating it, but listing the facts. It's no different from the Spanish flu pandemic. There are going to be positives and negatives.

flman

I don't think he's celebrating it, but listing the facts. It's no different from the Spanish flu pandemic. There are going to be positives and negatives.
Well, I am on the outside, meeting with my customers everyday, I am seeing reality, not what the boob tube is feeding me. My dairy customer told me that they are dumping 1200 tanker trucks of milk a day into fields, I have customers bringing in $200 dollars a day for their restaurants and taking and paying the rest of the expense out of their pockets. An ice cream stand that is opening tomorrow, cant even get all of the foods he normally serves. Eventually everyone is going to get a dose of reality, then they will be regretting that they thought we should stay locked down indefinitely, while our country and others collapse. And a brand new shiny president is not going to be able to make it all disappear either. Every soul on this planet will feel the repercussions of the lock downs, well except for the ones that are using it to control us. Get used to empty shelves in stores for years to come if we continue like this.

I noticed a couple of my threads were moved to the DZ.
It should not be taken as an offensive DZ attack to ask people to join together, petition their leaders or assemble.
Also, the fact that defective test kits are being distributed around the world was supposed to be informative as well, not a DZ attack.
If you were driving down the road and the bridge ahead was out, you would want me to warn you? Right?

My nature is to be a little blunt, but that is me, I don't post everything to be offensive, cant help it if that is how some read it.

Shopping in Venezuela for your entertainment.

hugh

STOP THE SQUEAL
Because it was a question for him, not you, DUH.
If you have to ask the question it is not obvious. DUH.

I think you are just too scared to own your own thoughts so you always add the question mark. That way you can deny that what is in the question is what you thought. It is a sign of a weak mind but then with your 165 IQ (snicker) you already know that.

flman

If you have to ask the question it is not obvious. DUH.

I think you are just too scared to own your own thoughts so you always add the question mark. That way you can deny that what is in the question is what you thought. It is a sign of a weak mind but then with your 165 IQ (snicker) you already know that.
I pity you, that the entire existence is based on trolling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom