Why lockdowns are the wrong policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

flman

Release the Kraken!
DUH! Wow - feels like Jr. High again. Or I guess the proper term is now Middle School.
Well I have no clue where you came up with the 46 YO young man. But carry on, at least you have help in the "Covid expert section."

flman

Release the Kraken!
Now I really feel bad about dissing someone that is mentally deficient. My apologies again. I supposecif a discussion of "Short Man Syndromes" is in order; should I start a new string?

Sorry admin, I'll stop and delete if needed.
You don't have to feel bad, just feel bad about your butt hurt. Now show me all of the fairy tale deaths? It can't all be theory and computer models, I want evidence.

turbo911

forget about manly piles of bullshit, girly piles. absolutely no facts except "life experiences". my guess is you're5ft six and live in your parent's basement . i am done with this.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Why dont I wear a mask from the virus hoax? Because if you cant see it, how is a mask going to stop it.
The mask is not to protect you (although it would probably have a 25% effect)
It's to protect others from you spreading the virus if you're infected ... even asymptomatically.
A mask that might offer you only 25% protection offers others over 50%
(assuming it doesn't have an easy exhale forward-facing exhaust valve)

Because if you cant see it, how is a mask going to stop it.
Then you probably don't bother to wear a lead apron during X-ray sessions either.
But then you're only protecting yourself, so choosing "No, thanks" only affects you.

But in the Covid mask protocol, you're an unaware (since you may have it asymptomatically) danger to others.

--dick

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
The mask is not to protect you (although it would probably have a 25% effect)
It's to protect others from you spreading the virus if you're infected ... even asymptomatically.
A mask that might offer you only 25% protection offers others over 50%
(assuming it doesn't have an easy exhale forward-facing exhaust valve)

Then you probably don't bother to wear a lead apron during X-ray sessions either.
But then you're only protecting yourself, so choosing "No, thanks" only affects you.

But in the Covid mask protocol, you're an unaware (since you may have it asymptomatically) danger to others.

--dick
I can't see farts but I know they exist.....

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Thanks gentlemen.

This thread was informative until the DZ crept in.

Keep it in the DZ.

This thread is closed.

vic

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Submitted by Autostaretx Dick. :thumbup:

Want to avoid future lockdowns?
This study shows how it's possible to rapidly squelch the pandemic by wide-spread frequent (twice-weekly) spit-testing ...
** as long as people who self-test Positive then modify their individual actions to avoid spreading it to others **

Readable article:

open-access Journal paper: https://advances.sciencemag.org/lookup/doi/10.1126/sciadv.abd5393

From the article: "For instance, in one scenario in a large city, widespread twice-weekly testing with a rapid but less sensitive test reduced the degree of infectiousness, or R0 (“R naught”), of the virus by 80%.
The study also demonstrates the power of frequent testing in shortening the pandemic and saving lives.
In one scenario, in which 4% of individuals in a city were already infected, rapid testing three out of four people every three days reduced the number ultimately infected by 88% and was “sufficient to drive the epidemic toward extinction within six weeks.”
“It’s time to shift the mentality around testing from thinking of a COVID test as something you get when you think you are sick to thinking of it as a vital tool to break transmission chains and keep the economy open,”

--dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom