Why lockdowns are the wrong policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

flman

Release the Kraken!
The WHO has reversed their position on lock downs. I wonder why blue state governors have not done the same,

Maybe after November 4th? :shifty:

Kajtek1

2015 long/tall limo RV 2.1l
Yep. I'll bet.

The numbers so far aren't anywhere as bad as the 1918 H1N1 pandemic. To suggest that this virus will wipe out half of the world population is something that the 24 hour media would put forward.

Let's work out the details of your bet. I don't want a moving target like has been presented by so many people in the world.

To be clear. I believe that the coronavirus SARS2 is something to be concerned with. It is a highly infectious virus. It is not necessarily as insurmountable as some people would have us believe. There are no recent statistics/data which would support that it has the capability of wiping out 50% of the world population. Not even the 1918 H1N1 virus (that had a higher CFR) accomplished that.

Back to discussion.

vic
But look at statistics.
A person who has heart disease and lung problems gets infected with Covid and dies.
What will Death Certificate say? - he died of Covid.
So now 1/2 of the World is without source of income for 9 months. Sooner or later they will start dying out of starvation. Should that show as Covid on DC ?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
But look at statistics.
A person who has heart disease and lung problems gets infected with Covid and dies.
So now 1/2 of the World is without source of income for 9 months. Sooner or later they will start dying out of starvation. Should that show as Covid on DC ?
No, it should read 'Death By Senate Committee."

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
But look at statistics.
Huh???

Nope. No weaseling.

The discussion is for 50% of the World Population dead.

I'll give you 50% of the world population dead including any cause. Just define the time line.

50% of the World Population aka global was what was claimed.

I was kind of hoping the virus would wipe-out about half the global population but I don't think that's the case. Maybe China Virus 2.0?
:cheers: vic

flman

Release the Kraken!
You just have to be ignorant to everything, don't you?
Thousands construction workers died, or were sick for years due not wearing masks working on asbestos.
Lot of painters are getting sick when they don't wear mask on the job. Latex paints are not poisonous, but just the dust can harm you pretty bad. So is saw dust when you are in woodshop. Why they don't wear mask as protection from Covid? Partly as continuance of ignorance, partly might be that on most of construction sites you can arrange big spacing.
Elemental pointed that everything is subject to interpretation.
I am always stunned, when I see people hiking desert with mask on. You don't see anybody for a mile, yet they wear the mask. Lack of understanding, or lack of proper explanation by TOP PEOPLE?
Now you are talking totally stupid, I wear a mask and most others do to protect themselves from harmful construction particles, but I dont wear a mask to protect myself from oxygen.
I have never met a sick painter, good one. LOL
Saw Dust! LOL, I was just cutting and ripping lumber in my shop this morning, no stupid mask.
Why dont I wear a mask from the virus hoax? Because if you cant see it, how is a mask going to stop it.
You are the one that is naive and ignorant, buying into the hoax, that is nothing more than a sheople control tactic.
Keep dreaming, no spacing, we work just like the old days.
Yes, lots of idiots wear masks all alone and even in their car all alone.

-2507003658580944138.png

turbo911

fat people die more often whether outside or inside. it might be construction workers are more lean but f man you need to work on your anger and your manners .i tolerate you but not your tirades. the best job by any country has be eastern asian countries especially taiwan. just 7 deaths..... they use our tech to monitor and contact trace. we dont because we are afraid of being controlled. the also have a diet different from yours, they are not obese. uncontrolled mob socializing is the reason for a lockdown not some conspiracy.

ECU

They also have a history of using HCQ for malaria. They also have lots of sunlight for Vitamin D.
Meanwhile, blacks are hit hard with Covid due to their low creation of vitD in northern latitudes.

flman

Release the Kraken!
fat people die more often whether outside or inside. it might be construction workers are more lean but f man you need to work on your anger and your manners .i tolerate you but not your tirades. the best job by any country has be eastern asian countries especially taiwan. just 7 deaths..... they use our tech to monitor and contact trace. we dont because we are afraid of being controlled. the also have a diet different from yours, they are not obese. uncontrolled mob socializing is the reason for a lockdown not some conspiracy.
Just goes to show, it pays to be healthy, and keep your immune system challenged with good old fashioned Germs.

flman

Release the Kraken!

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
You heard it on the internet, so it has to be true. DUH!

That's okay, but I will never know how it feels to be a douche bag like you. :lol:
You guessed wrong, not a douche bag, retired Safety Professional.

Done, some are just not worth trying to educate. I also apologize for passing judgement on the quality of your brain based purely on several forum posts.

turbo911

you're calling people douchebags, ignoring SCIENCE, being a part of an association that flaunts white supremist bullshit and religious dogma, then retreating into the famous fake news and if its on the internet cliches. you have not supported any of your premises bro, you just gulp the koolaid of propaganda created by morons like you.

flman

Release the Kraken!
You guessed wrong, not a douche bag, retired Safety Professional.

Done, some are just not worth trying to educate. I also apologize for passing judgement on the quality of your brain based purely on several forum posts.
No guessing involved. Only a total douche bag would attack someone for the facts of their life experiences. I have known plenty of carpenters, even the ones that smoked didn't get lung cancer.

Ooh OSHA, big brother says so... :snore:

At least my brain is not filled with stupid crap like yours. AKA indoctrination.

An old farmer said to me one time. "We never used to have so many problems, until people went to college and they were taught there were problems." :2cents:

rollerbearing

An old farmer said to me one time. "We never used to have so many problems, until people went to college and they were taught there were problems."

Yep - back then people died of old age - and the lifespan was 46. Nothing like dirt and mold in the ol' lungs.

flman

Release the Kraken!
you're calling people douchebags, ignoring SCIENCE, being a part of an association that flaunts white supremist bullshit and religious dogma, then retreating into the famous fake news and if its on the internet cliches. you have not supported any of your premises bro, you just gulp the koolaid of propaganda created by morons like you.
Projecting much? So it was okay for your pal to insult me because I don't walk in lockstep? 30000 scientists and Medical professionals said that lock downs are worse than the virus, why is the likes of you and ilk, are silent on that type of science?

Where are you seeing white supremacy, I must have missed that, corn pops ancestors owned slaves. Even Kamela called him racist. :whistle:

Please don't tell us that you think that the news is not fake, because I am going to lose all doubt of what I was thinking of you.

Keep on drinking it.

flman

Release the Kraken!
Yep - back then people died of old age - and the lifespan was 46. Nothing like dirt and mold in the ol' lungs.
I did say "OLD" like in his 80s, DUH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom