Why lockdowns are the wrong policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kajtek1

2015 long/tall limo RV 2.1l
Who is moving out? Retirees.
When it comes to workforce millions are still coming.
That's why median house is oscillating close to millions dollars.

Kajtek1

Maybe in your bubble it is working that way, but children have been locked in their houses for over 6 months, no exercise, eating junk food, working towards obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
I guess you are talking about children locked by their parents (would that be you?)
I live next to desert with 100's of hiking trails and 2 big schools right on the edge of it.
When closures started in early springs - we have been hiking with dogs for over 1 hr every single morning. (summer temperatures are too high, but lot of neighbors walk at 5 AM)
From thousands of people sitting at home, we could met maybe 2 families enjoying the hiking as well.
Fact is that not too many Americans mothers can prepare healthy meal at home, so junk food is a culture, but my wife actually makes most of the meals from scratches and we also have bread machine.
Couple months ago - east, who is crucial ingredients for bread baking vanished from the shelves like hand sanitizers.
Meaning Covid forced some families to "discover" home cooking. That can be only good.
What it will take to make average US families to step outdoor and go hiking? Who knows but I think some outcome of Covid will be positive for this culture.

flman

Release the Kraken!
I guess you are talking about children locked by their parents (would that be you?)
I live next to desert with 100's of hiking trails and 2 big schools right on the edge of it.
When closures started in early springs - we have been hiking with dogs for over 1 hr every single morning. (summer temperatures are too high, but lot of neighbors walk at 5 AM)
From thousands of people sitting at home, we could met maybe 2 families enjoying the hiking as well.
Fact is that not too many Americans mothers can prepare healthy meal at home, so junk food is a culture, but my wife actually makes most of the meals from scratches and we also have bread machine.
Couple months ago - east, who is crucial ingredients for bread baking vanished from the shelves like hand sanitizers.
Meaning Covid forced some families to "discover" home cooking. That can be only good.
What it will take to make average US families to step outdoor and go hiking? Who knows but I think some outcome of Covid will be positive for this culture.
I have no children in my house, but I am not selfish, and care about children and other people that are affected by the lock downs that expire on November 4th.
Good for you, what about all of the people in cities, that dont have 100s of trails outside their door. You are sounding self centered again.
I hike with my dogs too, but I am not self centered, I think about others.
So only 2 families, just like I said.
Good for you and your insulated bubble with fresh bread, still talking about yourself.....
Don't blame me for the hand sanitizer, because I did not buy any.
LOL, more like covid caused people to go grocery shopping 7 days a week, because that was the only activity they had.
I suppose more would go out hiking, if they actually had hiking trails nearby, if they were in school, they could be walking to the bus stop, or school, going to gym, and actually have some structure in their lives. But F them, as long as Kajtek1 is doing okay......

Kajtek1

Good for you, what about all of the people in cities, that dont have 100s of trails outside their door. You are sounding self centered again.
Man, I don't know what planet you are living on. All cites around the World have parks. They might not be within walking distance for everybody, but couple of minutes of driving will find you at least 1.
I have about 5 parks I can actually walk to, but again, I have no problem hiking.
I think it is time for you to make it farther than 6 feet from keyboard.

flman

Release the Kraken!
Man, I don't know what planet you are living on. All cites around the World have parks. They might not be within walking distance for everybody, but couple of minutes of driving will find you at least 1.
I have about 5 parks I can actually walk to, but again, I have no problem hiking.
I think it is time for you to make it farther than 6 feet from keyboard.
The way you trimmed my post, looks like you are copping out, and don't like facts either..... :sweep:

elemental

Wherever you go, there you are.
You can make your outside going 100 times safer by few seconds of inconvenience.
I don't know whether you meant "make your outside going 100 times safer" literally or not.

If you meant "going outside of your home to other indoor spaces that aren't your home" then I would agree with you; wearing a mask in those other indoor spaces that are populated by people whose exposure to other people who might have COVID is unknown to you makes lots of sense.

However, being outside in general is extremely safe and generally doesn't require a mask - there is virtually no increased risk of catching COVID from going outside of your home unless you congregate in a crowd of other people when you do so. In fact, being outside is about the safest place to be, with far more opportunities for virus dilution to take place (if it is present). Many of the government edicts (e.g., "Stay home, stay healthy") seem contrary to logic. People who are staying *in* their homes are getting more and more unhealthy - no physical stimulation through exercise and limited mental stimulation due to their unchanging surroundings; people who are getting outside and recreating are getting healthier both physically and mentally.

• Thanks
Reactions: ECU

flman

Release the Kraken!
Funny no one doing construction wears masks, and they are all made up of people from different homes, and trades, yet their is no spike in China Virus amongst them. Proves that masks don't do anything, or they have immunity from doing a mans works, and not being sterile. :popcorn:

• Thanks

Kajtek1

Funny no one doing construction wears masks, and they are all made up of people from different homes, and trades, yet their is no spike in China Virus amongst them. Proves that masks don't do anything, or they have immunity from doing a mans works, and not being sterile. :popcorn:
You just have to be ignorant to everything, don't you?
Thousands construction workers died, or were sick for years due not wearing masks working on asbestos.
Lot of painters are getting sick when they don't wear mask on the job. Latex paints are not poisonous, but just the dust can harm you pretty bad. So is saw dust when you are in woodshop. Why they don't wear mask as protection from Covid? Partly as continuance of ignorance, partly might be that on most of construction sites you can arrange big spacing.
Elemental pointed that everything is subject to interpretation.
I am always stunned, when I see people hiking desert with mask on. You don't see anybody for a mile, yet they wear the mask. Lack of understanding, or lack of proper explanation by TOP PEOPLE?

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
I get suspicious about people who ask about children.

You don't live next to the desert, you live in the desert.

See any rattlers?

That's cuz Americans are lazy.

Fact is that not too many Americans mothers can prepare healthy meal at home, so junk food is a culture,
That's good because they're increasing the probability of prematurely succumbing to morbid obesity.

Yeah, I used to be married to one of them. She couldn't boil water.

but my wife actually makes most of the meals from scratches and we also have bread machine.
This begs the question, the location of the itches that provide the "scratches" to make the meals?

Bread Bad, turns to sugar, impedes insulin fat conversion.

Bread Bad.

Depends on who's cooking and who's eatin.

What it will take to make average US families to step outdoor and go hiking?
Being refugees after antifa burns down their neighborhoods.

Who knows but I think some outcome of Covid will be positive for this culture.
Yes, it's revealed how stupid our government.

I was kind of hoping the virus would wipe-out about half the global population but I don't think that's the case. Maybe China Virus 2.0?

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
You want to take a bet on this?
Yep. I'll bet.

The numbers so far aren't anywhere as bad as the 1918 H1N1 pandemic. To suggest that this virus will wipe out half of the world population is something that the 24 hour media would put forward.

Let's work out the details of your bet. I don't want a moving target like has been presented by so many people in the world.

To be clear. I believe that the coronavirus SARS2 is something to be concerned with. It is a highly infectious virus. It is not necessarily as insurmountable as some people would have us believe. There are no recent statistics/data which would support that it has the capability of wiping out 50% of the world population. Not even the 1918 H1N1 virus (that had a higher CFR) accomplished that.

Back to discussion.

vic

turbo911

did you just pull this from your ass. i have to call bullshit.

flman

Release the Kraken!
did you just pull this from your ass. i have to call bullshit.
No it's a fact,milky white boy,wearing a mask and hiding. You will never know as long as you are hiding and destroying your immune system.

• Thanks

flman

Release the Kraken!
You just have to be ignorant to everything, don't you?
Thousands construction workers died, or were sick for years due not wearing masks working on asbestos.
Lot of painters are getting sick when they don't wear mask on the job. Latex paints are not poisonous, but just the dust can harm you pretty bad. So is saw dust when you are in woodshop. Why they don't wear mask as protection from Covid? Partly as continuance of ignorance, partly might be that on most of construction sites you can arrange big spacing.
Elemental pointed that everything is subject to interpretation.
I am always stunned, when I see people hiking desert with mask on. You don't see anybody for a mile, yet they wear the mask. Lack of understanding, or lack of proper explanation by TOP PEOPLE?
:snore:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
No it's a fact,milky white boy,wearing a mask and hiding. You will never know as long as you are hiding and destroying your immune system.

:idunno:

Statistics based upon limited samples have little value.

I personally have been breaking many of the New York State "boilerplate" rules. We live in an area that has a very low infection rate. I definitely figure that information into my "rule breaking". When you are living in a low risk area even high risk behavior as defined the government, medical experts, and hammered by the 24 hour media has little chance of negative result.

:2cents: vic

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
All virus related data is prone to political manipulation,validity suspect and should not be relied upon.

Especially data from the World Health Organization, China and John Hopkins University.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom