Why lockdowns are the wrong policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobnoxious

Learning about Sprinters to help others
What assurances exist that spies aren't going around dispensing the virus intentionally? Wouldn't take much and not at all far-fetched to me.

Bobnoxious

Ms. Pelosi doesn't seem concerned, and she's 80 years old and highest risk group. Why?

How do we know a vaccine already hasn't been developed?

Bobnoxious

ECU

9,000 deaths in six months in a country of 350 Million. Less than breast cancer.

Bobnoxious

9,000 deaths in six months in a country of 350 Million. Less than breast cancer.
Prolly many wouldn't have made it to New Year's anyway.

Kajtek1

2015 long/tall limo RV 2.1l
When there is not much you can do to prevent breast cancer, there is tons of things you can do to prevent Corona.
Do you use hand sanitizers and masks?

ECU

Right now, the mask is useful against the fire. Other than being required to purchase food, no.
The odds of death, 0.0025%.
The mask isn't going to affect that number in any significant way.
I take vitamins that I've posted here many times.
If I were to get it, there are treatments such as Vaporub, Nyquil and so on.
There is always more extreme measures,

DanAzon

Why lockdowns are the wrong policy - Swedish expert Prof. Johan Giesecke

I feel this is worth viewing.

One of the biggest problems that I have with locking down the economy is the problems associated with how to get it going again.

Those thoughts prompted me to start the thread When to go back? What to go back to? on April 6.

Prof. Giesecke mentions how to get the economy going again as one of the problems that he sees.

Our NY Gov. Cuomo is completely focused on the case numbers and deaths. He has already stated that he will reopen and watch the numbers. If the numbers go up, he will close down again. Of course the numbers will go up when the tight restrictions are relaxed. Most all of the experts predict that as happening. In my mind it is inevitable. So eventually Cuomo relaxes things... the numbers go up, he closes it down again... lather, rinse, repeat. The economy will never get going until there is a vaccine or the economy collapses completely. How long can the unemployed and small businesses with no income hold on? He also proposes 25% occupancy in restaurants. Restaurants can't make a living at 25% occupancy. It just doesn't work that way. They won't be able to afford to open.

The government can keep printing money. History shows that isn't a good economic policy.

As I sit here my wife is watching the morning programs. They pound the fact that cases and deaths are going to go up as restrictions are eased. Of course it will. We have no vaccine. We can't stop the numbers going up. We can slow the increase down, but that doesn't stop them. Sorry to sound callous, but it is a reality.

Those in the risk category need to wash their hands, maintain physical distancing, and keep away from infection as best they can. That is a personal responsibility. The government can't do that for you.

:2cents: vic

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
I'll continue to keep to my "Time will tell" comments.

So far the stats for Sweden are not proving to be the disaster many experts continued to predict. Those politicians that are so so certain that their way is the only way should be willing to consider that maybe some other modified paths/plans are also possible.

About 9:30 in this video.

Time will tell.

vic

flman

Proud Boy, not standing down!
Ms. Pelosi doesn't seem concerned, and she's 80 years old and highest risk group. Why?

How do we know a vaccine already hasn't been developed?
China already developed the vaccine in the same lab that they developed the disease. I am sure her and ilk already have it, the Chinese would not want to lose their allies.

flman

When there is not much you can do to prevent breast cancer, there is tons of things you can do to prevent Corona.
Do you use hand sanitizers and masks?
I wash my hands as much a I always have which is not much, and on the rare occasion that I have to put on the stupid face diaper, I only cover my mouth, not my nose. Stay sterile, and get sick and die, good idea. :rolleyes:

Bobnoxious

China already developed the vaccine in the same lab that they developed the disease. I am sure her and ilk already have it, the Chinese would not want to lose their allies.
I don't wanna sound like I'm some kind of clairvoyant but I posted similar suspicions shortly after pandemic declared.

Chinese doctors disappearing, defecting to the United States, the location of the virology lab next to Wuhan, China. Emergence of virus coinciding with a popular Chinese celebration involving the International travel in migration of millions to and from China and eventually returning homeland. All is suspiciously occurring at what is traditionally the beginning of United States presidential election.

The World Health Organization, headed by a known Ethiopian Marxist commiserating with the Chinese Communist party, engaged in a sinister propaganda campaign of disinformation.

Meanwhile, Genesis of the virus remain inconsistent and inconclusive, at least the public information level.
POTUS has suggested it has come from the lab and that they are going to find-out. Unfortunately, The source may never be determined. However, what are the odds of a pandemic occurring almost simultaneous to a presidential election?

The perfect biological weapon

Spread fear, chaos among the populace,

Confine the sheeple to their homes under false pretext of public safety. This will result in destroying economic prosperity force government dependence, impede free speech, prevent the Sheeple from working, socializing, exchanging, ideas and opinions in coffee shops, restaurants, bars, taverns, Blowing off steam after a hard days work. All apparently popular venues. Now, too manny, forever shuttered.

The cure worse than the disease
lockdowns have to be particularly challenging for apartment dwellers with children and pets and can only express empathy the psychological challenges. Mental illness, juvenile delinquency, suicides, domestic violence, alcohol-drug abuse all increase among those lacking coping skills, Familial or Community support services nonexistent or closed due to the damn pandemic!

Revolution

Popular left-wing TV anchors are encouraging sheeple by increasingly using slogans, "Burn it down or blow the system up."

Incendiary language likely to inspire others, particularly the intended target, young pliable invincible teenage minds, to action, is not protected speech. Why perpetrators not arrested and charged with inciting to others to violence is beyond belief.

Bobnoxious

Kajtek1

2015 long/tall limo RV 2.1l
I wash my hands as much a I always have which is not much, and on the rare occasion that I have to put on the stupid face diaper, I only cover my mouth, not my nose. Stay sterile, and get sick and die, good idea. :rolleyes:
Sounds like admittance of ignorance.
When you become virus carrier, you will spread it to lot of people around before you will die.

flman

Sounds like admittance of ignorance.
When you become virus carrier, you will spread it to lot of people around before you will die.
Go back into your safe space, or your bubble. I work around a lot of men that do the same. We have something called an active immune system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom