Backup Camera on a Serenity 2016

adsaxs

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 2016 Serenity and have a couple of questions regarding my backup camera.
  • What backup camera company does Leisure Travel use? I could not find a manual for the camera.
  • Does the backup camera have a sensor displaying Green, Yellow and Red bars as you get closer and closer to an object?
  • Does the backup camera have a volume level as you get closer to an object?
Thanks for your help

Art

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I have the 2007 Serenity so I am not talking about your model. I took off the ceiling piece in the shower and discovered that the camera on the back of the RV is feeding an RCA plug. I then took off the cover piece above the cab so I could trace the wires there and I found that there is another junction for the RCA cable, so I could replace the camera on the back with another camera that feeds RCA outputs. I could ALSO use the old RCA extension cable that runs behind the kitchen cabinets and the bathroom to pull a high def cable and hook up a more modern camera. I would need to upgrade the display as well.

hoosierrun

I have a 2016 Serenity and all I can say is that it is just a camera. It does not have the features in your 2nd and 3rd questions.

Sundance

The camera is a Secur64view SV-6819.EM
Sec 3 Wiring in the installation manual shows you how to turn on the parking assist grid lines
There is no sound option

adsaxs

Sundance,

Thank you for telling me the name and model of the backup camera. I found the manual but it seems that this manual shows the image of the back of the van to be on the mirror. The backup image for my van is embedded in the radio.

Is there a different manual I should be looking at?

Thanks for your assistance.

Art
Serenity 2016

Sundance

The image from my Serenity also shows on the Becker screen. Following that manual I cut the appropriate wire to enable see the guidance lines. Access to the wires for the rear camera is by opening the driver side overhead bed storage door and removing the inside rear wall panel.

Sundance

Sundance,

Thank you for telling me the name and model of the backup camera. I found the manual but it seems that this manual shows the image of the back of the van to be on the mirror. The backup image for my van is embedded in the radio.

Is there a different manual I should be looking at?

Thanks for your assistance.

Art
Serenity 2016
I do have more detailed instructions but I do not know how to copy them from my email files into this application .

Top Bottom