Qualified Sprinter Repair Facility

MorePi

Key wouldn’t turn in the ignition. Had to have my 2005 Sprinter badged as a Dodge towed. Towing insurance says they will tow you to nearest qualified service. I say Mercedes, they say in my current case Dodge because it is four miles closer to my home. I paid the extra towing bill to have it towed to a Mercedes Sprinter service center. But in a future incident a Dodge service center may be hundreds of miles closer than a Mercedes service center and as a result not financially feasible to tow to a Mercedes Sprinter repair center. Dodge’s relationship with Mercedes ended in 2009. The last time Dodge mechanics could have been certified by Mercedes was 2009, correct? What constitutes qualified? Are qualified and certified the same thing? How long does certification last? How can I find out if a Dodge dealer really has currently certified Sprinter technicians on staff, or can they continue to say they are a qualified Sprinter repair facility for all of time because of their previous relationship with Mercedes? Can a dealership continue to represent itself as providing certified service without really having certified technicians? Has anyone dealt with this issue?

marklg

Read and weep at the two sticky recall threads in this forum. Many have dealt with this issue. In this divorce, no one wanted the kids. Many Dodge and Mercedes dealers don't want anything to do with a 2005 Sprinter.

Your best bet is to refer to the Dealer and Supplier list of these forums:

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?86-Dealer-and-Supplier-List

and find someone that has good reviews. There are several independent shops that are way better than the dealerships. They often post on these forums.

Regards,

Mark

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Talk to your towing insurance people, explain the situation, see if they can modify your coverage/find different towing coverage. For me, even when Chrysler and MB were married, Dodge dealer wasn’t a good place to go for T1N service.
So far MB has been there for my Dodge branded Sprinter ewhen I needed them (possibly only the ones that sell Sprinters idk the one I use services Sprinters). Not once has anyone said “oh that’s a Dodge we can’t work on it”.

kjg912

2006 T1N 2500
Well, in New Mexico, the Dodge dealership has given me far better service than the local Mercedes Dealer. They actually fixed several problems left to me by my one visit to the Mercedes Dealer while I fixed several others. Also we have a Sliver Star shop here that has experience with T1N's. It's more the mechanic and his experience that counts more than the Badge and for the T1N, sometimes Dodge is a better choice and Freightliner seems to have completely given up on Sprinters! Good Luck!

Top Bottom