Another 170 Cargo build thread

moses

Just putting together a build thread for my 170 4x4. Hopefully it is either interesting to some or will help others. Or possibly y'all can keep me from doing something dumb.
4 - VcPsAEl.jpg

Started yesterday by printing some switch blanks for the panels under the steering wheel.
2 - sQiwixl.jpg
They don't fit the curves perfect but they snap in and don't rattle. I just chase the hole with the appropriate drill bit.

moses

Did a few more things this week.
Installed a fan.
11 - BAiYpnh.jpg

Installed a cheap heater
4 - E8p6ezz.jpg
8 - FMNkWnu.jpg

started installing insulation

5 - 7iYdb4O.jpg
6 - fWqlx1t.jpg

Surfsprinter4x4

I just bought the same van (color too). The only difference I see is that you have black wheels, mine are silver/black (stock steel wheels- for now) How many rivnuts (approx) did you use. I am trying to figure what to buy, from where, and how much to expect to lay out. My van is a work van first and pleasure van second, but I am going to build it for weekend trips and of course work stuff...

moses

V1 of electrical is in. At some point I'll be building a cabinet that will be a bed support and enclose all of this. I'll probably get to that once I get the inverter and the rest of the 120v equipment.

Charging is accomplished by a Renogy dc-dc mounted under the pass seat. Though i didn't seem to manage to get any pictures of it. I'll include some below later. It feeds the bussmann fuse in the first picture.

Little switch is for some lights under the bed platform. Large one is for the main lights in the van. It is a 3 way setup with the similar one on the B pillar.
utkGtRR - Imgur.jpg
pretty standard stuff here I think
nBYLw3W - Imgur.jpg
UICQ2Il - Imgur.jpg
Using Renogy 100AH lithium fuse is on the main positive there.
2fPIXWG - Imgur.jpg
for now shore power is just the 10awg cord sticking inside the van. Eventually the triple tap will be cut off and the blue cord will be wired to inverter with interior distribution downstream from there.
COM9n3J - Imgur.jpg

moses

Shore power is a smartplug, I routed out the floor and into the rear driver rocker panel where the exterior plug is installed.

Coming through the floor from the previous post.
sLG9hpw - Imgur.jpg
Entering driver rocker panel
F6nWTNa - Imgur.jpg
Smartplug!
1zI0h0Y - Imgur.jpg
I still need to cut the leftovers down and put the RV plug on the cord.
Any recommendations on how long the shore power cable should be? This might be too much.3ONd5Te - Imgur.jpg

tommtber

V1 of electrical is in. At some point I'll be building a cabinet that will be a bed support and enclose all of this. I'll probably get to that once I get the inverter and the rest of the 120v equipment.

Charging is accomplished by a Renogy dc-dc mounted under the pass seat. Though i didn't seem to manage to get any pictures of it. I'll include some below later. It feeds the bussmann fuse in the first picture.

Little switch is for some lights under the bed platform. Large one is for the main lights in the van. It is a 3 way setup with the similar one on the B pillar.
View attachment 144941
pretty standard stuff here I think
View attachment 144937
View attachment 144938
Using Renogy 100AH lithium fuse is on the main positive there.
View attachment 144940
for now shore power is just the 10awg cord sticking inside the van. Eventually the triple tap will be cut off and the blue cord will be wired to inverter with interior distribution downstream from there.
View attachment 144939
Thanks for the pictures. On the picture showing the positive wiring, what is the blue device between the 100 amp fuse and the the dc fuse block?

moses

Thanks for the pictures. On the picture showing the positive wiring, what is the blue device between the 100 amp fuse and the the dc fuse block?
That is a Victron Battery Protect. It disconnects loads from the battery under configurable high/low voltage conditions. It keeps you from hitting the batteries internal BMS shutoff.

MTGJR1

I think 25' is pretty standard on RVs. I also carry 50' 10 gauge extension just in case; more used when at someone's driveway than in a campground.

Top Bottom