Rerouting Wire Bundle

Built.Vans

'19 4x4
I don't know why it was so difficult finding decent posts on this subject but I finally jumped into rerouting the rear wiring bundle. Turns out it's really easy. I drilled a 1.75" hole in the upper corner, unplugged all the connectors, pulled wires out and fed into the 1.75" hole, rerouted to their locations. My van has rear door windshield wipers and will take care of the wiper fluid lines tomorrow. Hope this helps out!

Attachments

81duck

Looks like you just tucked them up in the very back? I'm planning on hiding that harness all the way from the front to back. Seems to be a channel all the way along. Or am I missing something?

Built.Vans

'19 4x4
I'll post another photo today after rerouting the fluid lines but I had a "transition" piece bent up that the bundle sits behind. Its a .0625" piece of galvanized sheet metal that I have riveted to the wall to take care of the wall-ceiling transition on the drivers side.

Built.Vans

'19 4x4
Photos of how I dealt with the wire bundle along the drivers side. I had a couple pieces of .0625" galvanized sheet metal bent up. It provides a solid backer for wall/ceiling panels to meet up and a run for the wire bundle.

L1000359.jpg
L1000358.jpg

When you relocated the ground, did you install a rivnut and reuse the factory bolt or just a large self tapping screw on an area where you ground down the paint?

Top Bottom