RT Agile solar hookup

bgraverson

Installing a 100W panel to keep batteries charged up in a 2006 RT Agile (T1N) with all standard electronics. My question is whether i need to connect the wires from the controller directly to the batteries or can i connect them (the positive wire) to one of the breakers that are inside the box where inverter is. It looks like the breaker comes up from the battery box. Thanks

autostaretx

Erratic Member
A drawing really helps when commenting on this stuff ... such as "which side of the breaker"?
(battery side or load side?)

It's kind of a "your choice" ... but consider what can happen in odd situations:
Breaker open due a fault somewhere.
Solar panel producing power when you're (for example) trying to work on the battery wiring.

Recall that the controller will undoubtedly ask that the battery be connected *first* (before panels) and disconnected *last* (after panels). Does your planned hookup allow that (easily)?
(i have a fuse in-line between the controller and the battery (or, in your case, the breaker) so that i can drop that piece of the circuit easily)

--dick

bgraverson

Thanks, Dick....still a few weeks off from doing this install. I found a path to take the wires from the controller to the battery- about 10 feet.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Having the solar attach at the breaker is most likely a perfectly fine idea, but it's always a good idea to think through the "what ifs".

AttachedToBreaker.png

(guesswork without details)

--dick

Last edited:

Top Bottom