Turbo Resonator Eliminator O-Ring

mrwallysprinter

2005 T1N 2500 158"
I bought these August 2020:

McMaster-Carr O-Rings 5 Pack - $9.05, tax 1.09, shipping $7.53
5267T362 Chemical-Resistant Viton® Fluoroelastomer
O-Ring Brown, 3/16 Fractional Width, Dash Number 325

I just went to McMaster Web Site and 5267T362 Spec is: Size 325 Price $12.12 Pack of 5
1 1/2 ID
1 7/8 OD
3/16 Width

5267T364 Spec: Size 327 Price $13.13 Pack of 5
1 3/4 ID
2 1/8 OD
3/16 Width

Assuming the dimensions in this thread are correct I am ordering the 5267T364.

Thanks to everyone
Wally

SprinterLex

2006 T1N 3500 Long & Tall
Thanks for the info. I'm interested in seeing if it fits. please let us know. :)

marklg

Thanks for the info. I'm interested in seeing if it fits. please let us know. :)
"Fits" and "Works long term" are two different things. The Dorman O ring fit, but split and leaked in about a year. So, a report two years from now would be valuable. rv-sprinter's that has been working for two years is a good data point. Boost leaks are such a damn annoying issue. I just went with the Mercedes O ring, which is still available. The value of my time to troubleshoot boost issues and replace parts far exceeds the cost of the O ring.

Regards,

Mark

SprinterLex

2006 T1N 3500 Long & Tall
"Fits" and "Works long term" are two different things. The Dorman O ring fit, but split and leaked in about a year. So, a report two years from now would be valuable.

I also agree with the two-year report is very valuable for Mark's reasons. Still would like to know if it even fits. Doesn't matter if it may work if it doesn't even fit lol.

Cheers everyone. :)

Kbonk

Wow, Mark I just took a look at McMaster Carr webpage. I don't know who these guys are but there seems to be a lot of stuff on there. I'm a bit excited because I wanted to order electrical wire but was a little uneasy trusting a place like Amazon or ebay. I love amazon since their reviews often helps you know what you're getting when it comes to practical use and possibly longevity. But when it comes to the electrical wire... I don't trust the common person to know if it's good or not.

Thanks for the name drop Mark. :)
One of the best industry suppliers in US, great source

mrwallysprinter

2005 T1N 2500 158"
I have a report on the McMaster O ring.
I just went to McMaster Web Site and 5267T362 Spec is: Size 325 Price $12.12 Pack of 5
1 1/2 ID
1 7/8 OD
3/16 Width

5267T364 Spec: Size 327 Price $13.13 Pack of 5
1 3/4 ID
2 1/8 OD
3/16 Width

Thanks to everyone
Wally
The O rings I ordered (5267T364) do NOT fit. The 5267T362 do NOT appear to be correct either. Neither Dodge nor Mercedes in Scottsdale, AZ had the correct part (Mercedes P/N 013 997 84 45) so today I drove across Phoenix an hour out - 3/4 hour back and obtained the correct part. I have just measured the O ring purchased and the dimensions obtained with my micrometer are 1.7" ID, 2.1" OD and 0.2" Width. My micrometer measures in either cm or inches and the inches are split into tenth's. The O ring I removed matches the one purchased from Mercedes. Tomorrow I will see if it solves my low boost issue...... which I never described so I'll toss that in now - hope it's ok to jump in on this thread for that.

2005 Dodge purchased new - 145,000 total miles, 25k miles on Mercedes replacement engine installed by Mercedes. Re-installed the resonator eliminator after the new engine resonator failed....

MY 2005 Sprinter 2500 OM647 engine currently have two problems. The first problem is with low boost. It does not go into limp home mode but it does loose power when climbing hills. With the scan gauge it does not show a code but when I press "more" it shows one pending code, P0299. When I clear the code it does get power back. If I do not clear the code and keep driving it is NOT in the limp home mode but it does lack power. It actually regained power on its own ONECE without clearing the code but f I shut the engine off and re-start the engine, It does not clear the “Pending Code” P0299 and it does not have any power or boost.

When it does loose power and I use the Icarsoft meter, the only code found is the related to what I believe is related to the second problem which is 1040-000 (The CAN communication of the engine control module is faulty). DTC Status: Stored. P10ff. The fault code is not found in the database. When I clear codes with the Icarsoft meter, it DOES NOT regain the power. Then when I hook the Scan gauge back up and go through the procedure "SCAN > NO CODES FOUND > MORE > 1 PENDING CODE (PO299) > CLEAR" it will clear the pending code and regain power.

I have been reading through various threads and will list what I have done. Resonator was replaced some time ago with aftermarket one piece. Air filter and fuel filter were just replaced. I cannot find any leaks. Pressure Smoke Test done in local shop and no leaks were found.

Planed service in next couple of days include: replacing the resonator O-Ring and the Intake Air Temperature Sensor. When reading through the "Low Boost" threads I see a report that the MAP sensor does NOT cause a low boost issue; however, I wonder about the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor. https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/113024/.

The 2nd issue I believe has to do with the "No Start - Fan running – Dash Instrument Glow plug light on” problem which has been an on again - off again thing for years. Hopefully, Dennis / (Linden Auto) can solve that as I give up on that one. I have an appointment with them Oct. 12 but I want to resolve the turbo low boost issue before the drive from AZ to CO.
Wally

Rocketgurl

2005 2500 158 crew conv.
I have a report on the McMaster O ring.

The O rings I ordered (5267T364) do NOT fit. The 5267T362 do NOT appear to be correct either. Neither Dodge nor Mercedes in Scottsdale, AZ had the correct part (Mercedes P/N 013 997 84 45) so today I drove across Phoenix an hour out - 3/4 hour back and obtained the correct part. I have just measured the O ring purchased and the dimensions obtained with my micrometer are 1.7" ID, 2.1" OD and 0.2" Width. My micrometer measures in either cm or inches and the inches are split into tenth's. The O ring I removed matches the one purchased from Mercedes. Tomorrow I will see if it solves my low boost issue...... which I never described so I'll toss that in now - hope it's ok to jump in on this thread for that.

Wally did this do the trick? I'm trying to source o-rings now.

LowBudgetT1N

Pro tip, click on user name and see when they last logged on. It's been 8 months since Wally has logged on so you might be waiting some time for a response.

You can try a dealership or online vendor. Here's one of the few with a good reputation around here.

Top Bottom