When to go back? What to go back to?

ECU

And what is the treatment for the common flu that requires a doctor visit?

rollerbearing

And what is the treatment for the common flu that requires a doctor visit?
A flu shot. Period. And no doctor required - can be nurse, med assistant, pharmacist. And you do it before you even get sick.

If it gets worse and becomes viral or bacterial pneumonia ......well then .........

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Are you insinuating that this is Hydroxychloroquine?
Where in the world did you get that mistaken idea???

Remdesivir is a vaccine that was created to fight Ebola and Marburg: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remdesivir

No chemical relation to hydroxychlroquine at all.

It was cited by Trump back in mid-March as "promising".
The Chinese tried it (and are continuing tests)
We used it here in Washington in January for a patient who successfully recovered.

One could easily answer that this is too small of a study to discuss.
One could ... but it's what we've got (domestically). Further tests will yield more data.

--dick

ECU

A flu shot. Period. And no doctor required - can be nurse, med assistant, pharmacist. And you do it before you even get sick.

If it gets worse and becomes viral or bacterial pneumonia ......well then .........
The article you linked started out with the story of someone dead by flu because they didn't want to go to the doctor.
So, I guess that is fake news?

flman

Okay wait for it....... Red Herring cop out!
The article you linked started out with the story of someone dead by flu because they didn't want to go to the doctor.
So, I guess that is fake news?

What do you expect from a left wing propaganda rag like the Guardian? And a guy with TDS bringing us the article?

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
... You answered the question well.
No. I asked a question.
In your haste to somehow discredit and belittle me you never did answer my question. In fact you edited the question out.

I'll try again. I've shortened the post to allow you a better chance to focus.
Sweden. What is your definition of success? They have a cut off for the ICU. 80 and above, no ICU. 60 and above, any prior medical condition and no ICU for you.
And don't forget. They are considering the body's age, not chronological. So, you don't get help unless they like you.
Very sad. Saves tons of money for the social welfare and pension funds.
Interesting. Are those Sweden's normal general guidelines for medical treatment, or special guidelines enacted in response to the Covid-19 disease?

The reason I asked.

If what you described is SOP, the over all death statistics will be less affected.

If they modified the normal medical guidelines, that definitely will affect the statistics when compared to Sweden's historical data.

You really don't need to answer. I just wanted a chance to clarify before I get labelled with all of the assumptions included in your reply.

:cheers: vic

flman

Okay wait for it....... Red Herring cop out!
Hmmm. Not sure I'm following your logical thread there. Help me out.

No one goes to the doctor for the annual flu, because there is no cure, so more fake news.

rollerbearing

I always thought the ultimate goal of medicine was disease PREVENTION. And I would of thought that both you (flman) and ECU would be in agreement in the way that you promote vitamins and healthful eating as well as imply that people who don't take care of themselves (practice prevention) are somehow of lower order.............

So it's the "fake news" bit that I don't get, plus your (flman) need to label people with "TDS" (whatever THAT is).

Last edited:

ECU

Hmmm. Not sure I'm following your logical thread there. Help me out.
You linked an article and discussed it.
I read the article. In the opening paragraph it states what you know because you read it.
The woman died of the flu because she didn't want to go to the doctor.
Others point out that you don't go to the doctor for the flu.
This brings the article to a level of suspected bullship.

What part of this are you not understanding?

rollerbearing

Ideally you go to the doctor for a flu shot (prevention). If you choose not to go, hopefully plenty of other people go (herd immunity - again - prevention).

Now you pretty much don't go again - because you generally get over it. Unless you come down with complications such as (but not limited to) viral or bacterial pneumonia. For which there are additional treatments the doctor can provide. But far far better to just prevent it if possible. And even if the flu shot doesn't outright prevent the flu, it will often shorten the length and severity of illness.

The article referenced her reluctance to go because she FEARED THE COST, and perhaps came down with a fatal complication. So ---- how does that lead to the article being fake news or "bullship"? Please explain.

Last edited:

ECU

So you finally got around to actually reading the article you posted? or did you take a break to get help from your handler?
The article references lies. So the brown crap makes the whole article not worth further opinion.
END OF DISCUSSION.

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
There will undoubtedly be lots of post pandemic (that's assuming, of course, that there is a "post") analysis and as with everything many people will choose to believe whatever fits their narrative. Only you and I are truly objective.I still think that the public policy response of isolation and appropriate lockdown was appropriate for most jurisdictions. The story continues to develop.

Please elaborate? "You and I", whom?

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
Sweden. What is your definition of success? They have a cut off for the ICU. 80 and above, no ICU. 60 and above, any prior medical condition and no ICU for you.
And don't forget. They are considering the body's age, not chronological. So, you don't get help unless they like you.
Very sad. Saves tons of money for the social welfare and pension funds.
But wait, according to science, that's logical.

ECU

But wait, according to science, that's logical.
Thus my comment:
Should we also base the harsh decisions on IQ, race, income, politics or as flman commented, religion?
How about just ending it at a particular age. 75? 35?
I've always liked the idea of giving each person a set amount of money. When it is gone, so are you.
Should we all just leave it to the hospital admittance person or a death panel?
Government should distribute the red pill for everyone (movie: On the Beach)?

So, why the war on drugs? Fentanyl is your friend. Abort away. End air bags, seat belts and speed limits.

We could have a TV reality show of people killing themselves in crazy ways. Jump out of an airplane, with no parachute. Attempting to break speed records.

We don't need no safety net, end Social Security. Who needs health insurance anyway. Lets get Boeing back to flying.

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
Ideally you go to the doctor for a flu shot (prevention). If you choose not to go, hopefully plenty of other people go (herd immunity - again - prevention).

Now you pretty much don't go again - because you generally get over it. Unless you come down with complications such as (but not limited to) viral or bacterial pneumonia. For which there are additional treatments the doctor can provide. But far far better to just prevent it if possible. And even if the flu shot doesn't outright prevent the flu, it will often shorten the length and severity of illness.

The article referenced her reluctance to go because she FEARED THE COST, and perhaps came down with a fatal complication. So ---- how does that lead to the article being fake news or "bullship"? Please explain.
What is the effectively if flu shots???

And, if I stay the he'll away from dirty people, I minimize my exposure and need for vaccination.

Bobnoxious

GONE FISHING
Thus my comment:
Should we also base the harsh decisions on IQ, race, income, politics or as flman commented, religion?
How about just ending it at a particular age. 75? 35?
I've always liked the idea of giving each person a set amount of money. When it is gone, so are you.
Should we all just leave it to the hospital admittance person or a death panel?
Government should distribute the red pill for everyone (movie: On the Beach)?

So, why the war on drugs? Fentanyl is your friend. Abort away. End air bags, seat belts and speed limits.

We could have a TV reality show of people killing themselves in crazy ways. Jump out of an airplane, with no parachute. Attempting to break speed records.

We don't need no safety net, end Social Security. Who needs health insurance anyway. Lets get Boeing back to flying.
According to Bill Gates, probably. He and his fellow tech tyrants got it all figured-out. Way too many stupid people.

Top Bottom