Injector “Dust” Question

full metal racket

2012 144" High Roof
Was changing the air filter yesterday and decided to pop the plastic off the top of the motor to inspect for any signs of leakage. While I was pleasantly surprised at how clean all the injector wells were there was some rust colored dust on the top of the second injector (possibly a tiny amount on the 3rd as well). Wondering if anyone has seen this before or if it’s a known sign for anything to come. Van is a 2005 with 196k and seems to run great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is very common.

The ss clip for the return fitting frets against the steel injector parts. Likely caused by the injection trigger frequency vibrations. The resulting dust then rusts.

To me it is an indication that there is often a bit of moisture under the black plastic cover. It isn't a sealed dry environment. That may contribute to corrosion of other parts including in the rather close tolerance injector body to aluminum well space.

:cheers: vic

markxengineering

the rather close tolerance injector body to aluminum well space
I swear they design it this way for fun. Injectors have been difficult to remove for years and they never change the clearance, despite no reason not to!

Top Bottom