Scanners that activate ABS for bleeding

After pouring over multiple threads, I decided to just post.
I have 2015 Sprinter, which if the consumer scanners (<$300) are able to activate the ABS pump for brake bleeding.

My understanding is the icarsoft mb II does not

Thanks

showkey

The other side of the discussion is a scanner is not needed or required to flush the brake system.

I ended up just flushing it without and just using a power bleeder. Pedal feels great
My opinion.

You will be fine. Mercedes uses a Bosch designed/manufactured brake system as do other vehicle manufacturers. Mercedes has the, "you need our special MB scan tool for flushing" complex maintenance procedure. Not all Bosch users have that special requirement.

IN ADDITION.
Since Mercedes stopped using the mechanical rear brake force distribution method, the ESP system combined with the CAB aka HCU module is used for brake force distribution. That means that the module gets activated at times. Not to mention that before starting the engine the CAB aka HCU powers the pump for a pre-start test routine.

The above is my take on not doing the ABS aka CAB aka HCU run procedure. That is not to say that the brake fluid doesn't need to be renewed/flushed on a schedule.

:cheers: vic

Top Bottom