RipTide - 2019 170 4x4

I3uller

Did you guys wire your compressor directly to positive bus bar with an inline fuse or are you running through the BlueSea panel? I've heard running it through the panel can pulse some of the other loads when you run the compressor.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Did you guys wire your compressor directly to positive bus bar with an inline fuse or are you running through the BlueSea panel? I've heard running it through the panel can pulse some of the other loads when you run the compressor.
We wire it to the battery directly and turn on and off with a Trigger 6 shooter (
@grantwilson Can you provide appox cost of the AMF Bruns floor?
from like 7500-10k with a couple seats depending on the floor finishing over the bruns floor

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Look. Ive been super lame and so busy i forgot about this.
So imma picture dump :)
Untitled by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr

our new custom interiors using Ctech (same as Tourrig) to make stuff more streamlined and honestly, better than i can do it for not much more
IMG_8934 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
IMG_8933 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
Utilizing a wrapon green toilet for easy cleanup
IMG_8932 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
IMG_9019 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
IMG_9018 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
IMG_9017 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
Getting a little jetski fun in mid build also
IMG_8770 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr

Molle panels installed with our blue ridge overland gear bag kit
IMG_8664 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
IMG_8663 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
IMG_8662 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
IMG_8661 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
IMG_8260 by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
triple dometic CD-30 drawer fridges
by FreedomVanGo Van Builders, on Flickr
In house built 20 gallon water system with bosch hot water heater, rear shower hookups

New front emblems :)

Color matched center caps and AC cover

Our rear interior mounted awning for the back of the van

Overall its pretty close to being done.
I still have 800AH of lithium to put in and the victron system as well. Getting there! All the shows got cancelled this season so not a huge amount of rush.

FLtoAK

For the back of the van we chose the Backwoods Adventure mods bumper, Diode Dynamics SS3 floods, Owl Vans Sherpa and Owl Vans Ladder tire carrier

Installed a Nomadic Cooling 12v AC unit as well
The control unit mounted to our custom diamond stitch ceiling panels with a 3 zone LED strip system that is remote and phone controlled
Installed a van compass Storage box we powdercoated to blend in nicely

Lastly, workin gon the water system housing
This is very intriguing! What is this hole in floor going to be used for? Could it be used for batteries? Can it be done in other areas of the van floor? Does it compromise the structural integrity in any way? Please excuse multiple questions, but the answers could really help with my 144 design. Thx.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
This is very intriguing! What is this hole in floor going to be used for? Could it be used for batteries? Can it be done in other areas of the van floor? Does it compromise the structural integrity in any way? Please excuse multiple questions, but the answers could really help with my 144 design. Thx.
You can use it for batteries yes.
It needs to be in that location on the 144.
You do cut a floor brace but its not really an issue in that location

FLtoAK

Thanks Grantwilson. Hope you will not mind more questions since I have not yet purchased my van. Would it work in that location even with a 4x4 144? The MB BEG is sort of silent about cutting the floor but they do not show the area between the two longitudinal structural beams as a no drill area. Would that mean that a hole like that could be made anywhere in the center isle area? How about more that one hole? My bathroom and kitchen sink are on opposite sides and if I could locate the hydronic heater, water pump, and air heat exchanger in a under chassis location like that but accessible from the van, it would simply the plumbing quite a bit and if I could place hot air register in the toe-kick space that would work really well. Would appreciate your advise. Thanks.

FLtoAK

I should add that the heater placement as above would ideally be near the center of the area behind the cab.

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Thanks Grantwilson. Hope you will not mind more questions since I have not yet purchased my van. Would it work in that location even with a 4x4 144? The MB BEG is sort of silent about cutting the floor but they do not show the area between the two longitudinal structural beams as a no drill area. Would that mean that a hole like that could be made anywhere in the center isle area? How about more that one hole? My bathroom and kitchen sink are on opposite sides and if I could locate the hydronic heater, water pump, and air heat exchanger in a under chassis location like that but accessible from the van, it would simply the plumbing quite a bit and if I could place hot air register in the toe-kick space that would work really well. Would appreciate your advise. Thanks.
you can really only put it in that spot. Any further forward is driveshaft hitting issues

Top Bottom