Medical/Research Supported Covid-19 Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
March 27, 2020 Information.

I found this interview with South Korea Professor Kim Woo-Ju worth taking the time to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk7aX5hksU

Because these threads quickly branch out to other topics and become very long, this thread is closed.

I will add pertinent information as it becomes available. Anyone can PM me information that they feel belongs here, or start their own thread.

:cheers: vic

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
April 2, 2020

The World Heath Organization WHO has issued updated information about Covid-19 symptoms.

Update April 2, 2020.
There is information from China which disagrees from what I indicated in other posts.

At around 5 minutes here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_BCQS1sSQQ

CovidSymptoms20200330.jpg

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
This video isn't created by a medical professional.

It does include medical statistics discussing Sweden's present response to the virus.

That discussion begins around 17:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8aNvaraTa8

Personally I feel that the video is worth viewing from start to finish.

It has occurred to me that when looking back as to what really worked or didn't, the most meaningful overall statistics as to spread, the affects, and Covid-19 CFR Case Fatality Rate may come from the underdeveloped countries. In many cases in those countries, given their way of life and crowded conditions, they are not really able to effectively practice social distancing even if it was mandated.

Time will tell.

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
This may help to answer whether lupus or RA suffers who are already on Hydroxychloroquine can get Covid-19 disease.

My interpretation from this very small sample is that they can get the illness, but that the symptoms and severity may be affected. As an older individual, I found that the overview of the 80 year old was encouraging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDQJeQZgPw

Added:
Anecdotal, but what else can we have at this stage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCpNjl-YyI

Last edited:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Last edited:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Statistics continue to suggest that the Covid-19 disease has spread to more of the world population than the medical community previously indicated. The CFR may be much lower than statistics have shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w7F_hzqIhM

Covid19NetherlandsPercent.jpg

Last edited:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
If you are curious about vaccines, this video is worth the time invested to watch.

vic

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
A YouTube video by medical professionals explaining mask use and effectiveness. If you don't bother to watch it... My takeaway (based upon this and other information that I have gleaned) is that viral loading matters. Your normal immune system can combat a low amount of virus. Medical professionals see heavy viral loading. Shopping in a grocery store, not so much viral load. Masks are basically effective against droplets. An infected person wearing a mask significantly reduces the virus that they spread and protects others, until they cough. I will stay away from any unknown person who coughs whether they are wearing a mask or not.

Every cough doesn't mean someone has the 'rona though.

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
This video has some good information that shouldn't go out of date. It is not strictly about Sweden. Opening from other lock downs/situations in other countries is discussed.

It is quite long. If you're not inclined to watch the entire video I would suggest that you spend a few minutes at the 10:00, 18:00, 40:00 minute marks.

:2cents: vic

Last edited:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Antibodies likely do provide immunity. That's good news as opposed to the conservative medical advice that they don't.

(I think that good ol' Dr. Campbell coulda picked a better inset pic.)

vic

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
A steroid which is shown by a study to reduce Covid-19 fatalities.

In my non-medical view it doesn't appear to be a cure or reduce the chances of [Covid-19] infection.

There is a similar report from the University of Buffalo that a study is underway.

vic

Edit:
Added [Covid-19] in front of "infection".

Last edited:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Aqua is making comments that are untrue in his thread. This should not be locked.
The steroid is used for people already in respiratory distress. It is not indicated or now being used as a preventative.
Non medical stupid views need a counter statement at least.
the Brits are adding this to their therapy protocol. They find it to be GOOD NEWS.
I'll be happy to unlock the thread, but I didn't say what you claim. Why is my view stupid?

The unedited text that I originally included.

A steroid which is shown by a study to reduce Covid-19 fatalities.

In my non-medical view it doesn't appear to be a cure or reduce the chances of [Covid-19] infection.

There is a similar report from the University of Buffalo that a study is underway.

ECU

Edit:
Added [Covid-19] in front of "infection".
"In my non-medical view it doesn't appear to be a cure or reduce the chances of infection."

The steroid is used for people already in respiratory distress. It is not indicated or now being used as a preventative.
You dismissed the whole thing based on your lack of understanding. AND had your post locked.
That is akin to censorship, and passing bad information.

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
"In my non-medical view it doesn't appear to be a cure or reduce the chances of infection."

You dismissed the whole thing based on your lack of understanding. AND had your post locked.
That is akin to censorship, and passing bad information.
You're often ready to jump and call me or others stupid instead of simply asking a question.

My first statement.

"A steroid which is shown by a study to reduce Covid-19 fatalities"

Yes. It reduces fatalities.

No. "it doesn't appear to be a cure or reduce the chances of [Covid-19] infection.

I didn't want those who didn't take the time to watch the video or go to the other link to get the impression that it was a cure or could prevent virus infection. Of course anyone who checked on the links would realize it isn't a cure. It reduces fatalities. It doesn't prevent them.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just ask? Even in an added thread like you did?

I originally locked the thread because back when it was created most any Covid-19 thread quickly went political. I wanted to avoid that.

Thanks for your input.

rollerbearing

Steroids have the risk of supressing the immune system making it harder to fight infection. But one of the risks of COVID is that the immune system revs up so much that it essentialy attacks your own body. Often people begin to get over the COVID infection itself but then have this over-response of the immune system make them very ill - cytokine storm.

So not directly a COVID infection cure but definitely a life saving supportive treatment.

I've had viral pneumonia before that just didn't get better until I had a course of steroids to reduce the inflammation in my lungs. I then very rapidly improved.

Last edited:

Bobnoxious

Note to self; stay in der DZ.
All excellent data and info. It's gonna take years to analyze all the data to support conclusions. But you already know that.

Korea has handled the situation well.

In spite of my adversity to flying, the wife and I are considering temporarily moving there until racial tensions cool, she has a brother living in Seoul.

Last edited:

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
More evidence that Vitamin D levels and supplements can affect recovery from the Covid-19 disease.

This was posted May 15, 2020. (We continue a daily 2000 IU Vitamin D3 supplement.)

There have been medical papers. There is evidence that many in the USA have less than ideal vitamin D levels in their blood.

FWIW.
My wife and I have been taking daily 2000 IU (50 mcg) of vitamin D3 for 2 months now. There is no medical evidence that vitamin D supplements have any negative effect until you exceed 4000 IU per day. I figure our dosage can't hurt and may help.

Quite Compelling Evidence [for Vitamin D]

** You Tube 1fxw3nTZYlA **

vic
Today 06/20/2020.

IMO the first part of the video is worth watching. He does go on a bit after that.

Indonesian experts:

98.9% of Covid patients defined as Vitamin D deficient, below 20 ng/ml, died.

This fell to just 4.1% for patients who had enough of the nutrient.

There are also other studies/sources cited in the video.

vic

Bobnoxious

Note to self; stay in der DZ.
Please excuse my brief off-topic interjection.

IMHO, it's becoming increasingly more apparent, Coronavirus was use to create fear, anxiety, social and economic chaos.

About the best one can do, is stay healthy, wash hands, don't touch any handrails, elevator buttons, shopping carts, etc, All things my grandmother told me a 100 years ago.

Hey, in the event I succumb, it's just the natural order of life. On thing is certain, I'll pass on the vaccine currently being hyped like new iPhone. Pump up the sheeple to create pent up demand.

Thank you

Carry on

NOx

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Another existing drug that's showing promise in mid-course treatment: Dexamethasone, a corticosteroid.
It doesn't help as a preventative, it may hinder if you're having a mild case, but once you're at the "could use oxygen or ventilation" stages, it can cut deaths significantly.
https://apnews.com/89d963958b042cc921e64ab3eff5a74d <-- Assoc Press story
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41577-020-0331-4 <-- monocytes and macrophages
Due to the way Dexamethasone works, prednisolone or hydrocortisone may help in a similar fashion.

(moderately) easy-to-digest story on Dexamethasone, plus a segment on probable effects of social distancing:

--dick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom