MB II to read DEF level on 2015 Sprinter

Since our version of the Sprinter does not show the DEF level on the dash I was looking for an easy way to tell how much was in it. I was sure my MBII scanner could read the DEF level but I was having trouble finding where it was in the miles of menu choices so I took a methodical approach and started at the top and went through them all (at least until I found it). I took pictures of each screen with my phone then typed up the listing in to an Excel file. The attachment is a PDF print of that file. Hope it helps someone looking for something in the MBII scanner (updated to v 11.30). Ours is a 2015 3500 Diesel Automatic just in case you are wondering. Your menus and values may be different depending on version etc. At least this is a starting point. If any one wants to add to the list post a PDF and I will try to add it in to mine and re-post it.

Attachments

Update- I had a Torque Pro on Android prior to getting the MBII but did not know much about it until playing with the MBII and digging into PIDs. I was reading more about the Torque Pro and figured I would give it a try to find the DEF levels also. After alot of trial and error I was successful. The standard PID for DEF level is 019B but that did not work. I ran across someone that posted a list of PIDs for a Cummins diesel in a Ford. I thought I would give it a try. See screen shots of entries on Torque Pro settings/Manage PIDs/Add PID- This value matches the 88% I read from my MBII so I think it works. I will check it a few more times on our next trip to make sure. Just a side note we got about 4,000 miles per gallon of DEF on our trip of 2780 miles in 10 days. The complete list of PIDs is available as a download. You will have to manipulate it a little to get it into Torque but not bad.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1000

lrcasella

Update- I had a Torque Pro on Android prior to getting the MBII but did not know much about it until playing with the MBII and digging into PIDs. I was reading more about the Torque Pro and figured I would give it a try to find the DEF levels also. After alot of trial and error I was successful. The standard PID for DEF level is 019B but that did not work. I ran across someone that posted a list of PIDs for a Cummins diesel in a Ford. I thought I would give it a try. See screen shots of entries on Torque Pro settings/Manage PIDs/Add PID- This value matches the 88% I read from my MBII so I think it works. I will check it a few more times on our next trip to make sure. Just a side note we got about 4,000 miles per gallon of DEF on our trip of 2780 miles in 10 days. The complete list of PIDs is available as a download. You will have to manipulate it a little to get it into Torque but not bad.

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1000
Link posted doesn't work

Top Bottom