More espar help!

rollerbearing

My rough calcs put you at 6900 feet. Close enough!

I would focus on the intake length. Looking at my Espar inlet guard it is more like 8 inches long with a 45 degree bend midway.

And don't forget about that hidden problem behind the air swirl inlets plate on the burner if all else fails.

And thank you very much for getting back to us - we now have a good way for people to check the H-kit.

Last edited:

rollerbearing

To be clear my inlet is a hard plastic part manufactured by Espar.

We also don't know if they are deliberately running rich/lean or if there are "steps" in the altitude adjustment curve, but your H-Kit is very clearly working.

Last edited:
I didn’t want to install my H-Kit at my controller, so I ended up soldering it into the harness. For those of you that don’t have an easy plug/play way to remove the H-Kit un plug and jump terminals 4 to 10 on the plug. It is the blue/white wire, although you won’t be able to see wire colors.

I have the flexible plastic inlet pipe from espar, I left it full length. I’ll reduce length and report back when I get some run time on it. Changing exhaust length will require remounting of hangers. I’ll try the intake for now.

Thanks!

Wanted to update this so it wasn't left as open ended.

I have about 10 hours run time on it when no issues. All of that run time has been below 4k feet. I probably wont be back to an elevation where I need the H kit for a few years. Hopfully the corrections fixed my issue, but not enough run time to know for sure.

Wrinkledpants

For comparison, at 2k hours our small hole by the atomizer was needing a cleaning, but our combustion van was spotless. Very little spot and was mostly bare silver aluminum. We have the high alt kit, heater is mounted under passenger seat, intake line is short and runs into frame rail, exhaust is straight to behind the front tire mud flap. We did run kerosene through it with the heater on high for a full night. Around 1500 hours.

Those 90 degree line runs seem excessive.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Wanted to update this so it wasn't left as open ended.

I have about 10 hours run time on it when no issues. All of that run time has been below 4k feet. I probably wont be back to an elevation where I need the H kit for a few years. Hopfully the corrections fixed my issue, but not enough run time to know for sure.
In my limited experience with my Espar, the thing that bit me on the a$$ was fuel of poor quality.
These heaters were actually designed to run on kerosene, and any fuel with a percentage of biodiesel above 5% is a crap shoot.
But running kerosene through it for an hour cleans it up, without having to disassemble.

Top Bottom