Finding Aftermarket Suspension For My Euro Import T1N

I'm looking to buy front struts and rear shocks for my 2000 2500 T1N that was imported from Germany. I got the following part numbers from Mercedes:

Rear shocks: 901-320-06-31
Front struts: 901-320-15-30

When searching online I only come across UK/EU based websites and I'm unfamiliar with their legitimacy. Autodoc.co.uk, Onlinecarparts.co.uk and Spereto.com are some examples. Also as you can see in the links, there are a ton of different manufacturers for the front struts. Does anyone have any suggestions on which ones to go with?

Thanks

cruciformx

The fronts cross over to the standard North American model struts, so I would have to imagine the rear would be the same as well. While I'm still saving up to purchase mine, I'll be getting the Koni reds for the front, and the Fox shocks for the rears. Lots of writeups about them.

The fronts cross over to the standard North American model struts, so I would have to imagine the rear would be the same as well. While I'm still saving up to purchase mine, I'll be getting the Koni reds for the front, and the Fox shocks for the rears. Lots of writeups about them.
Okay great thanks. Are the part numbers the same as the NA model? Or how are you sure they cross over?

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I believe you will have shorter front struts. They are 1" shorter than the USA versions, as USA/NA vans had a 25mm spacer on the front subframe.

bcman

That's what I've heard as well. Although I believe the 118" WB came with 15" wheels, and no subframe spacer. So in theory you should be able to order parts for a 118" NA Sprinter and they'll fit.

lindenengineering

These shock absorbers are for Euro spec ONLY!
Non stock in MB USA warehouses
BUT oudels of them available from MB and aftermarket suppliers in the UK.
Meyle, Sachs and Bilstein all available for a few Brexit piasters.
Dennis

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
That's what I've heard as well. Although I believe the 118" WB came with 15" wheels, and no subframe spacer. So in theory you should be able to order parts for a 118" NA Sprinter and they'll fit.
I thought this was the case, but a friend with a 118 indicated his had the subframe bit welded on.

Note that 15" sprinters have smaller brake rotors, same calipers and pads though.

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
IIRC Bilstiens only come in the longer length so they won't work on your van. The rear bilstiens are fine though I have them on my 2WD ROW T1N, but the front bilstiens will definitely bottom out.

These shock absorbers are for Euro spec ONLY!
Non stock in MB USA warehouses
BUT oudels of them available from MB and aftermarket suppliers in the UK.
Meyle, Sachs and Bilstein all available for a few Brexit piasters.
Dennis
Thanks. Are you familiar with any of the websites I linked in my original post? I will keep an eye out for those brands.

Top Bottom