Bucket of marbles: Onan Generator

DanJohn

My 2010 Onan 3200 watt diesel generator will not start. Ran perfectly until yesterday. When I try to start it, it sounds like a bucked of marbles.

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Yes, that’s it
Where did you get the gasket?
Can this be done with generator in place on RV?
I didn't do it, I just found the video when I had other problems.

I don't think you can get to the rocker arms with it in place. Disconnecting all power and fueling lines and exhaust and then unbolting the box from the mounts while supporting it with a jack would be required. Also the generator doesn't run with out being hooked up to the controls, which are mounted in the RV, unless you buy a spare set - at least that is what my local Cummins dealer said when pulled mine under warranty.

If you plan to pull it and do the work, you could go to your local Cummins dealer. Or search the internet for Hatz parts, as the motor is a Hatz. There are some other threads running on QD 3200 issues as well, suggest searches for QD 3200 and Hatz for more info.

DanJohn

Thanks for your info. I’M really keen about yanking the gen, i have a roller jack but not really want to do it myself. I’ll think it over. Much thanks for sharing that video.

DanJohn

Found the problem. LOW voltage to house batteries and switch on generator was off. It would trie to start and would grant but no fuel. All is well .

Top Bottom