Blower completely down -resistor or blower motor?

So have my blower down, wont work on any settings, only get air in when driving fast enough to force it's way through. Pulled out the motor and I noticed it's rather stiff to move (is that normal?) And also tested it on the battery and it still spins, but when placed back in I get no movement. Tested cables with a meter and voltage seems fine. So am I looking at getting a new resistor here?

Hope someone can advise, thanks.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Did you happen to check the fuse? (you didn't say)
Also, an ohmmeter will certainly tell you if the resistor block is bad ... extract it from the car and check the various pin-to-pin resistances. If you find one that's "infinite", then it's a bad block.

BlowerResistor.png

BlowerResistorRepair.jpg

--dick

Thanks for this, Dick. First vehicle, in the process of converting to a camper and all this is new to me, so very much appreciate help with it.

Will look into this and report back.

Thanks

ski

I am having the same issue. Worked on #4 only. Replaced the resistor and now it won't work on #4 either. Old block either now. Looked for the fuse...not under the seat. Closest is the rear air motor fuse. Where is the fuse that controls the fan motor?

Thanks in advance

ski

I found out the fuse is under the steering wheel cover. the Blower motor fuse was good. Motor spins by hand but it is a little hard. Not binding but tension on it.

Must be dead blower season. Mine just went too. In my case the 30 amp fuse under the steering wheel is fine. I pulled the blower and wired up some jumpers to eliminate the harness and went straight to the battery. Nothing. I ordered up a replacement for $105 that should arrive tomorrow. Its pretty easy to remove with one plug and three Phillips #2 screws.

So looked for the fuse but I couldnt see one like what you have in the photo.

Checked the block, 1 to 2 had something, but 1 to 3 and 1 to 4 where just 0L. So I guess it's a bad block. Thanks for the advice. Will replace and see what happens.

Top Bottom