Our T1N Sprinter build, "the ol Sprint'"

sipma02

That's awesome! Looks like your tool is a bit more refine than mine. Nice work. I'm actually a bit ahead of this now, I just haven't had the time to update the post. Hope to do that soon!

sipma02

Lots of updates. I'll try to update to current status in the coming days. As usual, I'm stoked on the progress!

Kitchen is CRUISING along. I found an old Corian/solid surface counter top with a nasty looking sink. It was actually pulled out of an old Starbucks. We really wanted a nice countertop—it's something that we'll interact with on a daily basis, and we felt a nice counter would class the place up. So I used a router (and brand new bit/blade!) to VERY carefully cut out the old sink so we could put in a new drop in sink.
IMG_3342.jpg
IMG_3348.jpg
IMG_3350.jpg
IMG_3354.jpg
IMG_3362.jpg

The new sink is huge! It's going to be so freaking nice to have a large sink. It makes it that much easier to eat fresh, make good food, and do dishes.

roblee

Lots of updates. I'll try to update to current status in the coming days. As usual, I'm stoked on the progress!

Kitchen is CRUISING along. I found an old Corian/solid surface counter top with a nasty looking sink. It was actually pulled out of an old Starbucks. We really wanted a nice countertop—it's something that we'll interact with on a daily basis, and we felt a nice counter would class the place up. So I used a router (and brand new bit/blade!) to VERY carefully cut out the old sink so we could put in a new drop in sink.

View attachment 159431

The new sink is huge! It's going to be so freaking nice to have a large sink. It makes it that much easier to eat fresh, make good food, and do dishes.
Creative & resourceful. A sink with a history.

sipma02

These arrived a while ago, but the Xuba Lifepo4 battery cells arrived. Still have some work to do to set them up (connect BMS, wire heating plate, ect) but I'm happy to have our battery system in hand! 280ah of LFP cells should power our fridge, lights, and charge devices.
IMG_3427 2.JPG

For location, I plan on putting them under the front seat. If we ever decide we need to, we can always add about 200-280ah of cells. There is enough room. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it doesn't make any sense to get 50+ amps of power to the back of the van, 15+ feet away from the alternator. So they're going under the front seat :)

IMG_3742.JPG

Finished up some of the cabinetry:
IMG_3516.JPG
IMG_4070.JPG

Also added a cabinet for the oven and "insulated" it with cement board. Mostly to keep the heat dissipated. (I added a cement board to the backside after snapping this pic)
IMG_2273.JPG

Last edited:

bcman

OK, this is crazy how similar our builds are. Look where I put my batteries:

Yours are 280Ah cells? That's a pretty big improvement in energy density from when I bought mine 4 years ago. Mine are CALB 100Ah cells, 3x4 for 300Ah@12V.

vanski

'05 Snow Camper, '17 170 4x4, Adventure Vissionary

Yours are 280Ah cells? That's a pretty big improvement in energy density from when I bought mine 4 years ago. Mine are CALB 100Ah cells, 3x4 for 300Ah@12V.
Nice! Shoot me your address and Ill send a new set of pliers ;-)

sipma02

Ha! Wow, nice. It's a great spot for batteries!!! Yep, 280ah. I have a build thread for the batteries going on over at DIY Solar, but it's actually a bit slower going than I had though. Hoping to make the final moves for install in the next week or so.

Eventually, I may purchase 4 more 280ah cells. I have the room to fit them under the seat there. If I did that, we'd have 580ah of battery under the passenger seat!!!

Top Bottom