Transmission experiencing no shifting

PapiChullo

Received my parts from EuroParts today cleared all TCM codes with the MB-II , Drained the fluid , pulled V body down going to do the TC drain tomorrow then R&R the part and plug it back in and cross my fingers for the best

Just curious what the size socket for the harmonic balancer bot to rotate Eng so i can line up the TC drain bolt >My 1" 1/4 was slightly big

Last edited:

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
The crankshaft bolt is 27mm (1-1/16” is close)
Turn crank clockwise only (righty-tighty) or you risk damage to the valve train.
A regular (not deep) socket allows you to get between the pulley and the radiator... I recall putting the bare socket in, then fitting the ratchet handle - there wasn’t space for both.

-dave

Last edited:

PapiChullo

What is the total transmission oil capacity after a full flush to include torque converter drainage as well . Is it 7.7l ?

PapiChullo

Success ‘ every thing went in without a trouble , took all 8 Art’s of ATF and the service dip stick showing mind point not at the 80°c mark ! However Eng won’t rev pass 3500 RPM

Scan shows P1470
P0100 & p1481 on the eng side , TCM clean so far as I cleared all codes

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Check your after turbo hoses and resonator for leaks and the air mass sensor connector for looseness corrosion etc..
Drive the van watching live data on your scanner and see if the air intake/air mass etc are responding to inputs in a somewhat linear fashion (ie are there weird anomalies). The codes don’t necessarily mean the sensors are malfunctioning just that the data they are sending doesn’t make sense to the ecm. Watching these sensors in live data mode will give you a better idea �� of what’s up.

PapiChullo

Pulled passenger head light and checked the connection for the vacuum , all wires looks good , started the VAN and drove it but within short travel distance the boost gone after what it seems the 3rd or 4th gear and won’t pass 3k . It almost act as NA CDI

I disconnected the hose that is going to the Turbo actuator not enough vacuum to the touch or to even register on Vacuum gage

Now restarting the Van allow the boost to return but for short travel distance, i suspect Pressure Boost Control Solenoid Modulator Vacuum Valve i will test it in the AM ....

Last edited:

PapiChullo

Have been using the Van after the full Transmission service , & parts replacement for the last 2 days .Some several long , short trips and every thing between , the van is working 100% as it should . Thanks to all and every one who guided me through .

On a side note i ordered a new pressure regulator valve as mine is restricting the boost , tested it across the leads and the resistance is very low to where it suppose to be , Parts on its way ..If any one with 2002-2003 experiencing a boost loss pull the passenger head light right behind the horn the pressure regulator valve with 2 wire connector is there , check the vacuum lines for cracks if not check the ohm reading across the pins , a good working valve should register 14 ~15 ohms .

Cheers

DRTDEVL

Reset the codes, then look at the TCM module's live data. You'll know you're in the right screen when you see 2 different rpm readouts, sensor 2 and sensor 3. Sensor 3 only works in gears 2-4. If the rpm doesn't match when in those gears (try manual shifting to 4, for example, and climbing a hill), then you know you have problems beyond a speed sensor... but I think your transmission is slipping.

PapiChullo

Reset the codes, then look at the TCM module's live data. You'll know you're in the right screen when you see 2 different rpm readouts, sensor 2 and sensor 3. Sensor 3 only works in gears 2-4. If the rpm doesn't match when in those gears (try manual shifting to 4, for example, and climbing a hill), then you know you have problems beyond a speed sensor... but I think your transmission is slipping.
Are you referring to this screen

Attachments

Top Bottom