Van-able Colorado trails

bobloblaw

Does anyone have any recommendations outside of SW Colorado and the San Juans? We're currently in Montrose and heading north towards Jackson WY. We'd like to meander up there through some scenic areas of CO and WY camping along the way. Maybe something in the Collegiates or Maroon Bells?

Any recommendations for trails a 4x4 144 can handle (we don't have recovery gear) or backcountry camp spots along the way?

judah8750

Does anyone have any recommendations outside of SW Colorado and the San Juans? We're currently in Montrose and heading north towards Jackson WY. We'd like to meander up there through some scenic areas of CO and WY camping along the way. Maybe something in the Collegiates or Maroon Bells?

Any recommendations for trails a 4x4 144 can handle (we don't have recovery gear) or backcountry camp spots along the way?
Kebler pass is super easy but also beautiful.

BigDC

You can't quite get there, but Rollins Pass is cool. https://www.uncovercolorado.com/activities/rollins-pass/
When I lived in Nederland (near Boulder) I'd drive my FJ Crusier to the end of the road. The pass itself is closed but you can get within hikeable distance and there are cool lakes and other view.

Unfortunately I think the road is locals only for now due to COVID.
I headed up there yesterday. No restrictions in effect. Wildflowers are starting to come out, but Fall is one of the best times up there. No technical 4x4 but not very smooth.

Attachments

Top Bottom