Fuel Line woes OM612

maxsawicky

oy vey
been batttling this since i bought the van.

the latest issue

replaced the fuel line that goes from the fuel filter to the fuel pump at the front of the engine because i saw a visible leak at the connection point of the fuel pump.

replaced the line
primed it
started the van up
ran like a kitten. let it sit there for quite some time.

turned the van off

30 min later, the fuel line i just replaced is completely empty. NO visible fuel leaks at the two connections i swapped.

thoughts?

maxsawicky

Re: Fuel Line woes

havent re-primed the fuel line and tried cranking it.

the clear line is completely empty fo fuel, so not gonna bother trying to suck fuel from the filter thru the low pressure pump.

it ran perfect after replacing the line, and priming it. i didn't drive it around tho, just in the driveway so i could charge the battery a bit after cranking it a few times.

B

billintomahawk

I have an '02 612 and from experience I can tell you that all fuel line connections, every one, from the tank to the low pressure pump has to be perfect.

Is the van sitting level?

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81609

You might try contacting the original poster, there was no resolution to this thread.

bill

Last edited by a moderator:

maxsawicky

van is not level. in a driveway. no where else to park it unfortunetly.

when i replaced the fuel line (to the filter). it was quite difficult to "seat" the locking valve connection at the LP pump. i didn't use any silicon grease, so im wondering if it bent over the O ring. maybe a simple reinstall will fix it. nothing else was touched, so un sure how other issues could arise.

trc.rhubarb

It's pretty easy to pull that line again, in fact, i tend to prime from the output on the LP fuel pump.
If it didn't go on smoothly, that would be the best place to start.

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
it was also very hard to unplug originally *shrug*
That has been reported consistently since 2003 [originally in the YahooSprinterVan forum - since moved here] - as has the priming/air issues. The Search feature is in the blue bar at the top of the forum. There is also a list of Common Maintenance sticky in the T1N DIY sub-forum.

Top Bottom