Overland Sprinter bed install

Coolmaxt

I know you plan on keeping this installed all of the time, but is it possible to stack up the panels on top of each other? I have been eyeballing this bed for a while but I would need them to stack up- that’s my only reservation.

Mr Makai

I know you plan on keeping this installed all of the time, but is it possible to stack up the panels on top of each other? I have been eyeballing this bed for a while but I would need them to stack up- that’s my only reservation.
The panels are all the same size so that would be easy as long as your stacked height didn't conflict with wall taper. I'm sure Eric at Overland Sprinter could help you figure that out

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sprinterPaul

They stack fine at lower heights. Im at 42” and can only stack one panel before hitting wall taper issue. But that’s all I need anyway for my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Makai

Done a few trips since I installed the bed. Can't believe how much easier it is to get away and be comfortable considering this is such a minimal build.

Did a 2000+ mile trip to Arizona for Spring Training before the Covid situation. Everything worked better than we ever hoped in a variety of settings.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

jessecarmody

Thanks for the share! I'm about to pick up two of these kits to do bunk beds in the van. How was moving your row of crew seats back like that? have any photos of that process?

KDenning

Love this bed and this write up! Thank you for sharing. I've got the 36" height kit sitting in the garage waiting to be installed when I get some free time.

How do you feel about the two 1/4 - 20 bolts into plus nuts at each end of the side rails? I've seen one install that somehow squeaked three onto the rear columns but two looks like it's working just fine for you!

Curious about what you used to drill the large access hole in the rolled side rail - type of bit/diameter. I'd like to drill into the rolled side rails on my drill press but like you said the side rails are very beefy.

Thanks again for sharing your install! I think it's an amazing bed system for the cost, especially compared to RB components, FVCO, and Adventure Wagon alternatives. People crack me up gawking at the price of things and describing how they did the same thing for only $____.

Mr Makai

Love this bed and this write up! Thank you for sharing. I've got the 36" height kit sitting in the garage waiting to be installed when I get some free time.

How do you feel about the two 1/4 - 20 bolts into plus nuts at each end of the side rails? I've seen one install that somehow squeaked three onto the rear columns but two looks like it's working just fine for you!

Curious about what you used to drill the large access hole in the rolled side rail - type of bit/diameter. I'd like to drill into the rolled side rails on my drill press but like you said the side rails are very beefy.

Thanks again for sharing your install! I think it's an amazing bed system for the cost, especially compared to RB components, FVCO, and Adventure Wagon alternatives. People crack me up gawking at the price of things and describing how they did the same thing for only $____.
It’s been very sturdy and no squeaks with 2 bolts.

Dont remember what size the access holes are. Drilled the holes with a regular bit in my drill press.

Top Bottom