Amazing sound system

sanomechanic

Installed JL Audio in my 144 high roof with 10.25 head unit.
Installed a pair of C2-650 in ft doors hidden behind factory grills..pair of C2-690 tx in rear doors....a 10 TW 1-4 Sub in second cavity in body behind drivers seat sealed in a box...with a XD700 5v2 amp....have a Massive EQ4 inline to adjust bass level, ability to adjust 4 bands of frequency with knobs and used as a fader for front to rear speaker levels and then WOW!!!!! That horrible sound quality MB system comes to life. :rad:

This system is as good as any home system with out a doubt

Fanto

Pics or it's not true!

Installed a pair of C2-650 in ft doors hidden behind factory grills..pair of C2-690 tx in rear doors....a 10 TW 1-4 Sub in second cavity in body behind drivers seat sealed in a box...with a XD700 5v2 amp....have a Massive EQ4 inline to adjust bass level, ability to adjust 4 bands of frequency with knobs and used as a fader for front to rear speaker levels and then WOW!!!!! That horrible sound quality MB system comes to life. :rad:

Thanks for the details about your installation. Couple of questions:

About what did it cost for the upgrade?

Was this coming from a stock van or did you have to fabricate / buy speaker cabinets, etc?

Cargo, crew, or passenger? (Passenger has far more speakers already installed and has a lot of the wiring already done).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

430 hp 70

'19 144 Gas Passenger - Carlsbad
The c2 is 2.5625 top mount depth. Any idea how they fit a speaker that deep behind the factory grills? Did they have to cut the doors sheet metal?

sanomechanic

Thanks for the details about your installation. Couple of questions:

About what did it cost for the upgrade?

Was this coming from a stock van or did you have to fabricate / buy speaker cabinets, etc?

Cargo, crew, or passenger? (Passenger has far more speakers already installed and has a lot of the wiring already done).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 Gs Cargo Van.. Custom build sub box...MDF for rear door....Ft used Heins "Impact parts on ebay" adapter rings

Mr Makai

Would love pics.

Price.

And source.

I can't find anyone around here to do it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

lndscpe

Pictures please! This sounds (no pun intended 😅) like a nice set up. How did you get the rear speakers to work? Where did the rear speakers derive there input signal from? A napkin DWG of the wiring schematic would be super for the sub and rears showing how the interrelate to the 10.25 head unit 🙂👍

sanomechanic

Attachments

Last edited:

lndscpe

How you get ft to rear balance and adjust sound with knobs instead of the touch screen
Sanyo, now the real magic is needed, is this a system you installed yourself or did the shop you linked to do the install? If you, can you expound on the wiring from the head unit to the control knob system? If the shop, if we contact them would they know your sprinter as a reference to get the system as a DYI install?

Thanks in advance for any info as I’m hoping to have the stereo sound be something I’ll enjoy rather than just tolerate 🙂

sanomechanic

Sanyo, now the real magic is needed, is this a system you installed yourself or did the shop you linked to do the install? If you, can you expound on the wiring from the head unit to the control knob system? If the shop, if we contact them would they know your sprinter as a reference to get the system as a DYI install?

Thanks in advance for any info as I’m hoping to have the stereo sound be something I’ll enjoy rather than just tolerate 🙂
Yes i paid to have it done.

VanGoSki

Man, you are really hitting the ground running, Sano. This is shaping up to be one awesome build. :clapping: :cheers:

hein

Van Guru
Thank you for sharing your install and for using our VS30 door speaker adapters. We would really like to hear your system. I am sure it sounds amazing.

Curios how you made the enclosure for the sub due to limited depth available? We recommend the Alpine PWE-S8 powered sub with our panel for the lower wall openings. The PWE-S8 has an engineered aluminum enclosure which produces very tight and low bass. Really puts out amazing sound for an 8" driver. And easy to install because no separate amp is needed. High level input can come from the disconnected center dash speaker. The Infinity REF1000S is a great shallow mount 10" free air resonance sub-woofer for those wanting a larger driver with separate amp. It works without an enclosure.

Do you feel that the 6x9 in the upper rear doors was necessary? We typically use the same speakers used in the cab doors and produce panels for those. We have produced panels for 6x9 speakers but depth can be tight. We like to leave space for Thinsulate behind all the speakers to reduce resonance and improve sound quality. if more bass is needed then the Focal ISU 200 8" component would be a good choice for upper rear doors.

I have an extensive background in car and home audio so would be happy to advise folks on how to tailor a system to fit their needs and budget. We have designed our mounting accessories with the DIY installer in mind and to help the professional installer save time.

All the best,
Hein
DIYvan
541 490 5098

Last edited:

Mathewst

I upgraded audio as well. Thought I wont, but was awful. I did put some quality tweeters+midrange(separate) into A pillar (it drags scene up), replaced door speakers with quality midranges, made subwoofer box and put it under passenger seat.
Camping area got 2 avg quality composite mid/tweeters with bt module.
2 amplifiers one mosconi dsp for car stereo and other for campign area.

Its pretty nice, best sounding car stereo I have ever owned. Still uncomparable to solid home audio. But thats cos of scene space.

Top Bottom