backup light power wire

tommorgan

I have already asked this in my other post about backup cameras. What I would like to know is how to identify which wire is the one for backup light power? By color? 2004 2500

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Be careful following Mercedes wiring diagrams using colors alone, Sprinters are notorious for the actual wire color not matching the diagram.

I have already asked this in my other post about backup cameras. What I would like to know is how to identify which wire is the one for backup light power? By color? 2004 2500
At the shifter, yellow. That will turn on a monitor when put in reverse. I have had that set up for 10 years. No problems.
Barry

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Here's the 2004 service manual's idea of color-coding: (white with a red stripe)

ReverseLights2004.png

--dick (the 2006 manual has the same color set)

How do you get at those wires?
You will need to disassemble the center council around the shifter. You will also have to pull the shifter bezel off. No tools required. 2 screws to remove the ashtray and unhook its wire harness. Remove a couple screws on the sides. I believe they are t20. Pull toward the rear and it will come off. The shifter harness will be in sight.
B

You will need to disassemble the center council around the shifter. You will also have to pull the shifter bezel off. No tools required. 2 screws to remove the ashtray and unhook its wire harness. Remove a couple screws on the sides. I believe they are t20. Pull toward the rear and it will come off. The shifter harness will be in sight.
B

I don't remember which wire at the light to power up the camera. It's easy to figure out though.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
I’ve got my display powered from the B+ line at the dome light, which means I need to switch it off manually long term.
The antenna power is another option, and provides switched power when the radio is on and no draw otherwise.
Many monitors have a sleep feature when the video stops, but still have significant current drain.

It’s pretty straightforward to trace the metal leads on the tail light boards and identify the backup power.

-dave

Colorado_Al

I just installed a new radio with video for camera. In my 2003 T1N the wire bundle behind the shifter, the reverse wire is white with red stripe.
It is accessible by removing the shifter bezel and then pulling out the accessory tray in the center console below the dash buttons. 1 screw at that location and then you can pry up the center console dash button piece. The wire bundle is on the left behind the shifter.

eagle2232

On my 2006 T1N, I tapped into the 12V reverse wire which is white with a red stripe. Its in the cluster of wires tucked inside below the instrument panel down by the hood release lever. This Instagram link on my Instagram page has a picture. Your 2004 should be very similar.

Top Bottom