Second Spare Tire

I'm looking to buy and mount a second spare tire for a trip up the Dalton Highway (aka the haul road) to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. I would like to match the wheel/tire combo exactly and go into a 6-tire rotation. Can anyone tell me the offset for the 6.5 x 16 steel wheel?

TooMuchHair

I'm looking to buy and mount a second spare tire for a trip up the Dalton Highway (aka the haul road) to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. I would like to match the wheel/tire combo exactly and go into a 6-tire rotation. Can anyone tell me the offset for the 6.5 x 16 steel wheel?
Hey Dave, I'm commenting mainly out of curiosity because NCV 3500 vans have always came with 5.5" x 16" wheels. Do you know if the new VS30 has 6.5" wide wheels or did you possibly see that size on a 2500 van? Thanks!

sailquik

TooMuchHair,
Nothing has changed with regard to the 3XX series (2500 USA) Sprinter OEM Steel Wheels.......still 6.5Jx16 and I believe the offset is 54 mm
(It's stamped on the wheel).
The 4xx-5xx Series (3500-4500 USA) still use the 5.5J16 wheels with the large diameter 161.2mm mounting center hole which require the
Haweka or Hunter Wheel balancing mandrel/adapter.
Roger

Last edited:

cbaarch

2016 Unity MB
When I did the Dempster I found a spare rim and a slightly used tire at a Tire Shop that I have used over the years.
It was for a Jeep but might be worth calling around. It did get used as we had 1 flat with a big hole that could not be sealed with a tire plug.

Top Bottom