trying to swap out the radio

disco

Hi all, I have a 2006 adventourous rs and really like it a lot. I would like to put a new radio in it but from my little experiences with playing around with the dashboard I don't quite know how to attack it properly. Anyone have some experience or instructions out there on how to get into the dash and replace the radio? thanks

unik

Hi all, I have a 2006 adventourous rs and really like it a lot. I would like to put a new radio in it but from my little experiences with playing around with the dashboard I don't quite know how to attack it properly. Anyone have some experience or instructions out there on how to get into the dash and replace the radio? thanks
Warning You about next problem Speakers.
I do have Sprinter-2500 2006y too
Original speakers is very low quality sound giving. I made my new radio system separate from OEM:rolleyes:
hope this help You to maje similar desidion

SprinterRik

I'm all about saving money, but I may I suggest a pro do it and then you'll have a tight installation. Good sound systems are a comprehensive plan. Everything from matching speakers and amps to the correct gauge wire needs to be considered. Just my two cents. However, there are systems that are pretty well sorted out that you can buy more or less as a kit.

Zach Woods

Hello disco -

I found the following: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7065&highlight=removal+tool by doing a search (https://sprinter-source.com/forums/search.php?searchid=269072).

The search capabilities here on Sprinter-Forum are really quite powerful. You could also try looking at every post in T1N Write-ups that includes the word radio - https://sprinter-source.com/forums/search.php?searchid=269076.

Zach

Trekker

Trekker
SprinterRik,

Have you upgraded your factory Roadtrek sound system? If so, what did you do? I have a 2008 Adventurous, and am looking to improve the Roadtrek installed system.

Trekker

SprinterRik

I have not installed anything yet. Mine has the Valor multimedia head unit with GPS, back up camera, etc. I'm still trying to figure that thing out!

SprinterRik,

Have you upgraded your factory Roadtrek sound system? If so, what did you do? I have a 2008 Adventurous, and am looking to improve the Roadtrek installed system.

Trekker

RickL

I would recommend checking out Crutchfield www.crutchfield.com for audio systems for the Sprinter. Crutchfield is famous for their DIY radio installation kits and instructions; these guys KNOW car audio and how to get things installed and working. I was able to select the Dodge Sprinter via the Select your Car link on the Car Stereos and Components page.

HTH

Rick L

Trekker

Trekker
We have a Phase Linear Multimedia Receiver, touch screen. Not happy with it at all. Poor design, minimal sound quality. Don't like the touch screen while driving. All we want to do is listen to music on the iPod, XM, and the radio. Want big, easy to use buttons. No video, no cameras. I've been looking at Crutchfield, used them previously in my other vehicles. Highly pleased in the past with them. People have complained about the OEM Sprinter radios, so glad we don't have one of those. The Alpine unit looks interesting. I plan on swinging by one of the local car stereo install stores to see what the "kids" have to offer.

Top Bottom