P0132 Code 02 Sensor Circuit High Voltage

RedLens

Van just threw an engine light and my generic code reader is telling me P0132 - 02 sensor circuit high voltage

I have gone through a few various threads, and have devised a current plan:

1. Pull 02 sensor, clean using carb clean. Reinstall, clear code and see if CEL comes back. I have also purchased a new Bosch sensor, would it be best to just jump straight to installing this?

2. My understanding is this can be caused by a EGR thats clogging up, so time for a EGR clean as well?

3. If these fail, then possibly a fault somewhere in the wire harness or worst case the ECM itself.

Just looking for a bit of feedback if I have this all correct, or something I am missing/need to consider.

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
I’ve had mixed luck in spraying the 02 sensor with brake cleaner.. but, it has worked.

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
Not on the one that worked by hosing it off with bc.. but I’ve seen other 02 sensor failure codes where the bc trick didn’t work. It’s worth a shot to save $175 or whatever a Bosch unit costs...

RedLens

Sensor was a major pain in the butt to remove, even with the correct tools. I found a bosch sensor on amazon for $100 so just went ahead and installed that. no engine light on after a few days, so appears to have been fixed.Happy I don't have to chase any wiring issues in the harness or ECM faults.

Top Bottom