Automatic Temp Control or Heater Core Valve?

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Sorry to hear you only have the 4 system model.

This has actually been posted many, many times on here stressing to get the 'All systems' and not '4 systems' but unfortunately you can't win them all.

The AP200 is far more powerful than the MD802 BUT it only comes with software for ONE vehicle line as free, you have to pay an annual subscription for any other vehicle lines.

If you do get an AP200 then make absolutely certain to download 'BENZ-SPRINTER' as your one and only free choice. Dodge or Chrysler or anything else will NOT work with a Sprinter (from others previous posts).

Keith.

Last edited:

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Sorry to hear you only have the 4 system model.

This has actually been posted many, many times on here stressing to get the 'All systems' and not '4 systems' but unfortunately you can't win them all.

The AP200 is far more powerful than the MD802 BUT it only comes with software for ONE vehicle line as free, you have to pay an annual subscription for any other vehicle lines.

If you do get an AP200 then make absolutely to download 'BENZ-SPRINTER' as your one and only free choice. Dodge or Chrysler or anything else will NOT work with a Sprinter (from others previous posts).

Keith.

Thanks Keith,

So if only for one vehicle, then perhaps the $60.00 upgrade to ALL on my existing MD802 would be the better decision...if it brings its capabilities up to the AP200 with use for multiple vehicles

They should have a different model name for the different units...lame of them to have the same for both

With respect to 'BENZ-SPRINTER' as your one and only free choice if I choose the AP200, would this mean I can use it on a Mercedes E and the Sprinter, if these are my 2 vehicles, or is there a VIN # lockdown where I can only choose 1 vehicle?

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I think (but may be wrong) that your MB E would not be covered by the Sprinter option and if you picked an MB Sedan option then this would almost certainly not work with your Sprinter (others have picked the MB car option and then complained of not talking to their Sprinter).

So two options, update your MD802 to 'All systems' or get an AP200 for your Sprinter (or get a second for your E as the you pay a yearly fee for additional vehicle lines).

Keith.

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
Is there any difference in function between ALLSYS MD802 and the AP200. or the same, just one does multiple vehicles and does not need a phone and an app to function?

I have a ScanGuage II already to monitor key functions while driving, so having the AP200 constantly plugged in, I'm not sure if I need that unless there is some other advantages Im not aware of.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
I’ve got the MD802 “All Systems” and the AP200.
The big add is that the AP200 will connect to my Espar boost heater, but the downside is that iOS often deletes the app from my phone to make space for other items - somehow the app manages to occupy 1.31 GIGABYTES of storage!? It also requires a user login at startup, and I’m not sure it would succeed if off-line?

The MD802 does not speak to the Espar, but it does connect to the IC and ATC which are on the same obdii pin, so it’s a software shortcoming, not a hardware one.

I carry my MD802 on road trips. I don’t want to be caught needing to download the AP200 app over cellular data, or to be caught without cell service.

-dave

kkanuck

LUV my T1N
I’ve got the MD802 “All Systems” and the AP200.
The big add is that the AP200 will connect to my Espar boost heater, but the downside is that iOS often deletes the app from my phone to make space for other items - somehow the app manages to occupy 1.31 GIGABYTES of storage!? It also requires a user login at startup, and I’m not sure it would succeed if off-line?

The MD802 does not speak to the Espar, but it does connect to the IC and ATC which are on the same obdii pin, so it’s a software shortcoming, not a hardware one.

I carry my MD802 on road trips. I don’t want to be caught needing to download the AP200 app over cellular data, or to be caught without cell service.

-dave
Did you drive with the AP200 pugged in permanently to the OBDII for live date before your creation?

Im in a situation with my MD802 4 systems unit to either software upgrade online to ALLSystems for $60.00, or buy the AP200 for $50.00 and leave the MD802 as is. I have plenty of room on poe, so that issue you describe is not applicable for me. The AP200 also talks with the ATC and IC correct?

Top Bottom