Agile no rub mini fender install

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
I have installed the van Compass kit as well, super easy, no paint match needed, and you get plenty of tire clearance. Its an $80 kit...so even if you paid someone you are in the price range. If you really mess up, you can replace the fender, but the kit is super easy to install if you are not afraid to cut a bit of sheet metal; either way you have to mess with the fender. Just another option if you don't want to paint match.

wquek

Work in progress
I have installed the van Compass kit as well, super easy, no paint match needed, and you get plenty of tire clearance. Its an $80 kit...so even if you paid someone you are in the price range. If you really mess up, you can replace the fender, but the kit is super easy to install if you are not afraid to cut a bit of sheet metal; either way you have to mess with the fender. Just another option if you don't want to paint match.

Did you end up cutting up the fender like in the instructions? I noticed in the Agile install there seem to be no need to cut the plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

Adding a couple pics that may be helpful to others

When I removed the plastic trim between upper and lower metal fenders, I found that one of the lower posts that holds the white plastic clips had probably been broken back at the factory and still put on my van ... :thinking:

Dug around and found a quick solution which turns out to work nicely
_ With the white clip removed from the remaining lower post, a 5/16” square nut fits perfectly
_ 5/16” dia 3/4” long bolt + wavy washer + fender washer against fiberglass and you’re in business

Sharing here in case someone has trouble trimming the white plastic clips so that they clip in to the fiberglass mini fender

Attachments

Eric B

I also ended up taking 1/4 ~ 3/8” off the pinch weld vertical edge over about 2.5” from the bottom, because the factory mud flap really bulges forward toward the tire when you bend it back to screw it into the Agile mini fender, and trimmed the mud flap a bit too

Gained a bit of extra space

First pic - bulge
Second pic - trimmed mud flap

Attachments

Top Bottom