Cabin air filter

GLJones

I just searched the 2019 Sprinter Manual and found one mention to replace it when operating in dusty conditions...nothing about where or how to replace it. Weird.

mdbrown

I just searched the 2019 Sprinter Manual and found one mention to replace it when operating in dusty conditions...nothing about where or how to replace it. Weird.
Yeah, I saw that, too. I can't see where it would be, unless it's inside the cabin.

D

Deleted member 50714

Adjacent glove box. I assume new location allows for air filtration while in recirculating mode. NVC's filter only while in Fresh Air Mode.

wquek

Work in progress
You have a glove box?

I am curious too as I don’t have one either. Didn’t think they made one. The only “glove box” I am aware of is the unobtainable cubby locker above the driver visor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 50714

You have a glove box?
My understanding, per Van Nuys service Winnie, the cabin filter is located in lower dash region above passenger footwell. Dunno, maybe he was giving me the brush-off? When you find out please post some pictures???

D

Deleted member 50714

I have a glove caddy in front of the passenger..no box.
Where I come from, only weirdos from Hollywood have glove "caddies." Real men have a glove box.

Last edited by a moderator:

GLJones

Where I come from, only weirdos from Hollywood have glove "caddies." Real men have a glove box.
Speak to Mercedes. They eliminated the box and provided a caddy. Seems like it would have been easy to offer a box with a lid as well in that spot...but not an available option.

aviatordoc

Its the one huge thing I am missing in the van. A lockable box.
Where you usually keep papers, 9mm that you cannot take in to places, and other stuff.

kmbsar

My understanding, per Van Nuys service Winnie, the cabin filter is located in lower dash region above passenger footwell. Dunno, maybe he was giving me the brush-off? When you find out please post some pictures???
This is the correct location of the cabin air filter. The torx wrench located directly below in the floor near the passenger seat is all you need to change the filter. If you put your head in the passenger seat footwell, you should be able to see the black plastic filter box.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

FlaJoe

My van came with an extra din box in front of the passenger. Wasn’t any use for it so wanted a glove box. It is being swapped out for an open glove box that I assume is aka glove caddie....

Top Bottom