Replacing the stock horn without having to pull the grill out.

Is the “chirp” sound you hear when you lock your van come from the horn?
When you replace the horn does it also effect the “chirp” sound you get when you lock your van?
Thanks

djmroberts

I replaced the herbie toot horn in my 2017 144 with dual 150db air horns (sounds closer to a Mac truck) and it does not sound off when I lock the van. Was a challenge fitting it in behind the grill but had to do it...

Bobnoxious

Made in the USA Qualité Supérieure
I like everything except the part of clipping the factory harness and would've used a factory connector.

chriszep

I have been thinking about doing this, but not clipping the factory harness. I wonder if you disassembled the factory horn itself you could get to some clean wires and tap into those... I hate the idea of cutting a factory harness off knowing how tricky the MB techs can be about "voiding the warranty"

mdbrown

Is the “chirp” sound you hear when you lock your van come from the horn?
When you replace the horn does it also effect the “chirp” sound you get when you lock your van?
Thanks
I installed the Agile kit and it chirps just like it used to, but now it sounds normal.

GLJones

I replaced my horn with a 150db train horn I got on Amazon. Removing the grille is no big deal. Three screws, two side clips and the camera. They all pop out really easily, in fact the camera will pop out on it's own if you pull on the cable too hard.

Reassembly is easy as putting the camera back in its mounting area, it clips right in, and pushing the grille back in place and replacing 3 screws. Literally, the hardest part is removing the 3 screws.

Here is what mine looks like before I put the grille back on.

Attachments

Top Bottom