Christmas tree lighted up dash

2006 Sprinter 3500. Got in the rig this morning for a trip, and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Everything was great two weeks ago when we parked it. Hoping it's just a fuse somewhere, but here's what I got:

Traction Control Indicator
"BRAKE" indicator
ABS indicator
Traction Control Malfunction indicator
Malfunction Indicator (check engine)
Ashtray cig power out
overhead lights out
P0720 (output speed sensor circuit malfunction)
U0122 (lost comm w/vehicle dynamics control)
P0500 (vehicle speed sensor)

Hoping it's just a fuse I'm not familiar with...any pointers? TIA...

koenb

First couple simple checks are seeing if the brake lights still work and looking at the condition of the main ground cable that connects to the negative battery post. And pulling each an every fuse and checking it.

Last edited:

:idunno:

Definitely check all of the fuses both under the steering column and under the driver seat.

Inspect for rodent damage. They love to chew on Sprinter wiring.

:cheers: vic

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Dome lights are a pretty simple circuit, and share a fuse in “Fuse Block #1” with the radio.
So if your radio is working I too would first look for evidence of rodents and bite marks on wires...

-dave

(while Alberta has managed to remain rat free using a detection and eradication program, cat control bylaws are in place in Calgary and we have seen an increase in the field-mouse population...)

Pulled fuses, all look OK. Looked three times with increasing detail for any signs of critter chewing to no avail. Ugh. Thanks.

maxzoom

2006 T1N 118" + 2006 T1N 140" + 2005 T1N 118"
"overhead lights out" If the fuses are ok, check each light bulb see if the filament is still intact.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
What scanner pulled those codes?

I would take the scanner and connect to each of the modules in turn. If they all respond, move on to the main harness, grounds, etc. If one or more does not respond, check the power supply circuit for those, and trace backwards until you find where the break/issue is.

Top Bottom