Engine Data Scan Tool

Hi John
I have a launch creader 6 which is a cheap engine data reader. Reads data, clears engine codes. Won't do any other systems though.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I believe the MD802 and AP200 from autel work well. You have the rectangular OBDII port right? Not the round 14 pin one?

owner

Oz '03 316CDI LWB ex-Ambo Patient Transport
This van will have the round plug. I have used a AP200 with the autel MB-14 adaptor. It works well and is probably the cheapest way to get access to all the modules. There is more info on the scanners sub forum.

thanks for the info folks. I assumed I could find the data port but cannot, can someone point me in the right direction on its where abouts.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
It's located next to the bonnet/hood release lever under the LH end of the dash.

Keith.

14 Pin DLC.jpg

Last edited:

Banjo48

Now my camper conversion is coming to completion I was thinking it may be a good idea to get one of these AP200 and adapter cable, my van has the round 14 pin being a 2006 model.

Is there a recommended cable and AP200 supplier for us here in Oz ? looked on ebay and there are literally dozens of cable adapers, but could only find 1 MB-14 adpter which was direct from China. Would rather get it from Oz if possible as the postage time now fro China is terrible.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Is there a recommended cable and AP200 supplier for us here in Oz ? looked on ebay and there are literally dozens of cable adapers, but could only find 1 MB-14 adpter which was direct from China. Would rather get it from Oz if possible as the postage time now fro China is terrible.
To get maximum benefit from any scanner you need a fully populated lead. Beware as many (most?) eBay leads only have four pins populated.

I bought a fully populated lead from AliExpress and it arrived in the UK in around one week. I the re-wired it to match my genuine Autel Benx CV-14 adaptor and it worked correctly with my MD802.

May I suggest you read this thread for info... https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77817

Keith.

Banjo48

Thanks Cheyenne, quick question are the cable colours on your pin-out diag, the adapter cable colours or the original merc 14 pin colours ?

Reason is I may just change the MB-14 to a female OBD as the other guy did, saves buying and adapting a converter cable.

Top Bottom