Mercedes factory injector seal parts, tools and manual

Electrician 2

After some web inquiries and research on how to proceed with my injector seal replacement project, I've opted to go for the factory Mercedes kit for the job. The consequences for messing the job up are pretty high, so I didn't want to take any chances.

I think cleaning the bores is pretty straightforward - and a shotgun cleaning kit would probably do the job just fine for this task, as others have mentioned.

I was mostly nervous about removal of the injectors without damaging them, plugging the injector to combustion chamber opening to prevent the cleaning gunk from falling in and properly cleaning and prepping the seats. The factory kit addresses all of this.

This is a repair I felt comfortable taking on, so I figure this cost will be easily recouped in money saved over labor at the shop for the job, and I will probably use this toolset at least a few times over the life of this engine.

Tools ---
$332.05 out the door
Mercedes dealer sourced.

Round brush (seat cleaning and chamber plug) 611 589 00 68 00
Cylinder brush (bore cleaning) 668 589 68 00
Impact extractor 602 589 00 33 00
Threaded adapter (extractor to injector) 642 589 01 33 00
Wurth Throttle Body Cleaner (could probably just use carb cleaner)

Parts ---
$41.09 shipped
Sourced the seals and bolts kit from FCP, not the dealer. No good reason. Just happened.
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mercedes-om642-fuel-injector-seal-kit-genuine-mercedes-539384

$373.14 Total cost + plus small wire brush, rags and cleaner

Pictures ---
Attached

Manual ---
Attached

Attachments

Last edited:

LifeTwoGo

LifeTwoGo
Hi Electrician 2 - Thanks for the great info. Am getting ready to tackle this project on my 2008. Could I ask - where did you source the actual mercedes tools through?

Thank You in Advance!!
-Kevin

LifeTwoGo

LifeTwoGo
After some web inquiries and research on how to proceed with my injector seal replacement project, I've opted to go for the factory Mercedes kit for the job. The consequences for messing the job up are pretty high, so I didn't want to take any chances.

I think cleaning the bores is pretty straightforward - and a shotgun cleaning kit would probably do the job just fine for this task, as others have mentioned.

I was mostly nervous about removal of the injectors without damaging them, plugging the injector to combustion chamber opening to prevent the cleaning gunk from falling in and properly cleaning and prepping the seats. The factory kit addresses all of this.

This is a repair I felt comfortable taking on, so I figure this cost will be easily recouped in money saved over labor at the shop for the job, and I will probably use this toolset at least a few times over the life of this engine.

Tools ---
$332.05 out the door
Mercedes dealer sourced.

Wurth Throttle Body Cleaner (could probably just use carb cleaner)

Parts ---
$41.09 shipped
Sourced the seals and bolts kit from FCP, not the dealer. No good reason. Just happened.
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/mercedes-om642-fuel-injector-seal-kit-genuine-mercedes-539384

$373.14 Total cost + plus small wire brush, rags and cleaner

Pictures ---
Attached

Manual ---
Attached
Hi Electrician - Any chance you could point me in the right direction for these MB tools? Which dealer did you source through (good prices)?

Thank You In Advance!!
-Kevin

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Kevin,

If you hover over electrician 2's avatar you will see he has not logged on to the forums since January 2020 so I doubt you will get an answer from him. I think you would do better by starting a new thread with your question to see if anyone else can help.

Keith.

Top Bottom