cracked up my rust free 2003, now they want to total it....... damn...

maxzoom

2006 T1N 118" + 2006 T1N 140" + 2005 T1N 118"
I cracked up my lovely rust free 2003 that I got a few months ago, only 85k and all working well.

A typical fender bender where I smacked a small suv in front of me. It pushed in the radiator , and bent the corners of the hood. The fenders and bumper were fine. The airbag didn’t even go off.

I just spoke to the body shop it got towed to and they said the ins. Co. Was there Friday and will be calling it a total loss. He said something like, “the forward radiator/fan assembly etc. got pushed into the fan attached to the engine and bent the shaft it is on.”

This is my first sprinter and I am not sure how the engine fan attaches etc. but he seemed to think it was not worth fixing.

I will be going by there tomorrow to take a close look.

The van is in excellent shape and I hope it might be fixable.

Any thoughts ?......

John

P.s. I will post damage pics tomorrow.....
I would for sure fix it. Just shop around and find a good mechanic. A good mechanic doesn't have to be too "familiar with T1N sprinters$$$$" Nice looking van, was that van kept in a garage?

I had a head on accident in 2010. An icy road and a pickup slid into my lane. The air bag didn't go off but it looked bad. Lucky I had a good mechanic that was happy to fix it. It was in the shop for a month and the bill was about $10,000. The other insurance company had to pay. The time and cost of the repair was also higher because I live in a remote area where parts take longer and cost more on shipping.

Top Bottom