Very loud beep w/ key in, engine off

VanMom8

Hello all,
I’m new to posting but not to Sprinters or this forum. Have learned loads from you all since buying our first Sprinter 12 years ago. Recently picked up an ‘04 118” high top passenger to be a daily runner, which I’m very excited about. It’s got ~120k, seems to be in great shape. On start up, key in, engine off, it has just today starting making a very very loud long beep sound that goes away when the engine turns over. I’m familiar with the sound of the aux heater, this is much louder. It almost sounds like an alarm of some kind and I was frankly a little scared to turn over the engine. Is this the Egr? I tried searching past posts but nothing seemed to match the intensity/volume of what I’m hearing. Thanks so much for any ideas.

VanMom8

Are you kidding me? Thousands of miles in on these vans and I was still that much of a bonehead. Well, thanks so much for a near instant reply. Cheers!

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There's only one beeper in the T1N ... it handles all of the noise-making duties.

If memory serves, it's on the instrument cluster (speedo, tach, etc) board.

--dick

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
‘04.... it’s most likely your high pressure fuel pump. On the 2005 they changed the pressure relief valve and it doesn’t make that annoying buzzzzzzzing sound.

Are you kidding me? Thousands of miles in on these vans and I was still that much of a bonehead. Well, thanks so much for a near instant reply. Cheers!
So we don't continue to guess.

Was the sound the seat belt warning? Did latching the seat belt first cure your "problem"?

:cheers: vic

Top Bottom