Westfalia Parts FS

I recently gutted my Westfalia in preparation for a complete refitting to fit my solo traveling lifestyle better than the original design. So everything that I could remove without damaging is for sale. I've created a list below, if your're interested in something and don't see it just ask me.

Pricing...I have no idea on a lot of it, as many of this things are obviously not off the shelf components that I can research. If you're interested in something let me know and I will post pictures of it and try to come up with an asking price. Also feel free to make an offer on anything. Obviously the bigger items would be really difficult to ship, so feel free to stop by for a visit in Central Virginia.

I hope I am not breaking too many rules by posting this in the Westy section, but obviously much of this stuff is Westy specific, not Sprinter specific. If I am and I should take this down and repost in the FS Forum just let me know.

If you want to watch my rebuild I started a thread over in Conversions Write-Ups

01. LP water heater, including Westy body side door, seal, drain valve and newly installed anode rode and TPRV
02. water tank including pump and spare level indicator
03. Westy 120v shore charger
04. Westy main computer controller
05. grey water tank
06. kitchen counter top stainless drain board
07. metal panel below drain board with main disconnect and water pump switch
08. refrigerator/cool box with all original interior partitions, baskets and tupperware food containers (never used)
09. refrigerator cabinet including recently repaired tambour door
10. kitchen upper cabinet including tambour door
11. rear door swinging spare tire rack
12. LP cooktop/sink with assorted Westy metal gas lines and valves included
13. Espar D4 heater, exterior mounted stainless housing, high altitude kit, DigiMax D1000 thermostat, and assorted parts
14. bathroom cabinet and sink
15. rear bench seat including head rest/bolster that attaches to kitchen counter top
16. shade/screen assembly ... drivers side awning window
17. shade/screen assembly ... sliding door
18. shade/screen assembly ... above refrigerator cabinet
19. bathroom door
20. dinette table including side wall attachment rail
21. kitchen base cabinet doors and drawer
22. bathroom mirror
23. round ceiling puck lights (4) with LED bulbs installed
24. light fixture mounted behind drivers seat including valance trim/ light converted to LED
25. bathroom skylight interior shade/screen/trim assembly
26. fresh water gravity fill assembly including two keys
27. bench seat side wall small flip up table
28. roof mounted fresh air intake assembly
29. roof mounted kitchen exhaust hood assembly
30. support arms/struts & locks for drivers side awning window
31. municipal water fill assembly including pressure reducing valve
32. body side window glass above refrigerator
33. bathroom ceiling mounted light/converted to LED
34. chassis mounted LP tank including all assorted fittings
35. two grey plastic rear door storage organizers
36. snap on fabric cover that hung in the rear storage area to hide the plumbing fittings
37. extending TV mount
38. awning crank arm
39. pic.1. I think the two bits shown are for the awning legs....
40. pic 2. I think these are two spare locks for the drivers side awning window
41. Doors...I have every cabinet door that was in the Westy

The upper awning windows including the shade/screen assemblies are probably going to be up for sale as well, but not until warm weather 2020 when I can do the fiberglass work necessary to install the new larger windows

I would like interior parts from #8 please.
The basket, and tupperware.
Let me know what you want for it.
I can do pay pal.
You can PM me.

Cheers, Brennan

Last edited:

sdratwa

Hi Robert,
First, let me tell you that I admire very much your determination, doing this huge renovation!
I am enjoying very much to be able to follow your "adventure". I, on the other hand, love original staff. Besides, I bought mine on the beginning of last November, and it is so well preserved that I have no courage to drill a few screw holes (although I am handy!).
I would like to buy the item #11: rear door swinging spare tire rack.
Please let me know the asking price and if you could ship it to Blaine, WA 98230.
Regards, Sergio

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Sergio:

If the door mounted spare tire carrier is the popular American one, then never open your driver rear door more than 90 degrees.

The Westfalia rear doors have 180 degrees hinges and not the 270 degrees hinges.

The American spare tire carrier one has a small flange at the bottom near the bottom rear door hinge. As other Westy owners have experienced, releasing the door catch to open the rear door beyond 90 degrees will put a dent in the Sprinter, right below the taillight area.

Don't forget that the original alloy wheels and the steel wheels use different bolts. Folks with 4 alloy wheels often had a steel spare wheel.

Kiltym

Interested in:

18, 33 and 24. And maybe 4 depending on condition.

Let me know when you have photos and we can go from there.

Thank you!

JoeHike

I would love to get number 11, the shade assembly for the sliding door. I hope that you are willing to ship it to California. Thanks,
Joe

sdratwa

Thank you for your comments!
I guess the 10 pliers tire are resistant against nail/flat tire. Last month I just drove from Pennsylvania to Vancouver, Canada, and did not have any surprise... But I feel that if the car is incomplete without a spare tire... This van is so autonomous, I would not like to have the experience of a flat tire in a remote place.

Riptide

Robert, thanks for putting together this list. I would be interested in the following:

04. Westy main computer controller
07. metal panel below drain board with main disconnect and water pump switch
08. refrigerator/cool box, if it comes with the controller.
13. Espar D4 heater, exterior mounted stainless housing, high altitude kit, DigiMax D1000 thermostat, and assorted parts
15. rear bench seat including head rest/bolster that attaches to kitchen counter top
16. shade/screen assembly ... drivers side awning window
20. dinette table including side wall attachment rail
34. chassis mounted LP tank including all assorted fittings

Obviously, with the fridge and the bench seat, I'll drive down to get everything. We'll see what you have left...

Thanks again!

Hotratz

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the sale. Really looking forward to seeing your re-design. Good luck with the project!

I'm interested in a few items:

1) Driver's side upper awning window when it becomes available.
2) Item #36 snap on fabric cover that hung in the rear storage area to hide the plumbing fittings - if in good shape, no tears
3) City water cover box w/ cover (exterior) if you are selling

Also, #28, 29 roof top vents. One of mine is broken can't remember which (need to check).

I'll PM you as a followup.

Thank you

Last edited:

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
If folks take photos of their items during the sales process and post them, that'd be great. Especially items which are hidden or the backsides Of things that are hidden. Anything for reference. Especially manufacturer, model, numbers, etc.

It'd be really nice if someone had a 3D scanner and would scan various items, especially the water tanks. Apparently, one can laser scan items for measurements, reverse engineering, etc., like this company.

https://www.laserdesign.com/3d-scanning-parts-objects

Last edited:

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
I'm guessing Robert might have electrical items for sale which are hard to find? The ARB Circuit Breakers box.and circuit breakers, the unique outlets and switches (who makes them?), etc.

Same with the 12v side (light fixtures already posted) like the fuse block, main switch, etc.

And where's the umbrella?

If Robert sells to anyone, please post photos of the backsides, especially any ID info. Thanks.

Thank you for all the replies here and via PMs.

In the next few days I will compare the time stamps of the posts here to the PMs in my inbox and determine who and in what order made claims first on each of the items. Then, for the items that specific dollar offers weren't already made on, I will do my best to determine a fair asking price and post the info. in this thread. I emphasize both asking price and fair and welcome any and all discussion, comps, etc. to help determine that in an expeditious manner. I hope that is a reasonable approach, if it's not please let me know.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Order of Interest
I've processed the posts and PMs...if you think you see a mistake, or I've missed someone, please post it up.

a. Kiltym
b. Riptide

a. Riptide

a. Camp
b. Riptide

a. sdratwa
b. JoeHike

a. westyventures
b. Riptide

#14 (see thoughts below)
a. Wasaabi
b. mr1987joker

a. Riptide

a.Riptide

a. Camp

a. Camp
b. Kiltym

a. Riptide

a. Camp (SOLD)
b. Kiltym

a. Kiltym

a. Camp (SOLD)

a. Hotratz

a. Hotratz

a. Camp (SOLD)
b. Kiltym

a. Riptide

a. Hotratz

#41-1 microwave cabinet door
a. davisdmal

#41-2 kitchen sink cabinet door
a. davisdmal

#42 awning window drivers side
a. Hotratz
b. davisdmal

#43 awning window passenger side
a. davisdmal

Last edited:

Kiltym

One other item if available and decent condition as I did not see it on the list.

The fresh water fill cap and key.

A few clarifications/questions answered.

1. I was thinking that the bathroom sink and cabinet would stay together and go as a unit, but given the total absence of any interest in any of the three cabinets (bathroom, kitchen, refrigerator) maybe that's not the way to go. Maybe I should remove the tambour doors from each of those cabinets, offer the tambour doors for sale individually and trash the cabinets. Thoughts are welcome. At one point I was contemplating repurposing the tambour doors in my refitting as a link/throwback to the original Westy. Let me think about this a bit.

2. For now, I am holding on to all of the cabinet door latches, as with the tambour doors I am going to try to use them in my refitting as a link/throwback to the original Westy design. That means the cabinet doors do not come with the latches. If/when I change my mind on this design detail, I will offer the latches up for sale.

3. As noted above and responded to by Hortratz and davidmal, there is a high probability that my upper awning windows are coming out to be replaced with larger windows. This wont happen unit Spring time and the warmer weather required for me to be able to do the fiberglassing work necessary to rework the roof-which I have big plans for. The windows will be for sale including the support struts, latches and any salvageable weather seals, and the shade/screen assemblies will be for sale separately as follows.
#42 awning window drivers side
#43 awning window passenger side
#44 awning window shade/screen assembly drivers side
#45 awning window shade/screen assembly passenger side

4. The Westfalia umbrella evidently was quite the rain protection device. Unfortunately, it wasn't passed on to me when I purchased my Westy so I do not have that for sale.

5. Note that three items above already have SOLD beside them. In my original post I wrote "also feel free to make an offer on anything". Camp made reasonable offers for those items via PM, so they are going to him. I want to be fair and transparent, but need to be expeditious, as I have a time consuming build to complete, which I know will take far longer than I am currently naively believing. There's a whole lot of pedaling and paddling I want to do out there and need to stay focused on the big goal.

6. In the above expeditious vein...shipping takes time. While I can build a crate and ship anything (if you are willing to compensate me for my time) I'd rather not, as I'd rather be using that time building out my custom Westfalia. So, drop bys and pickups are preferred and joyfully welcome. My driveway/yard is open to over-nighting and boondocking. Sounds like westyventures might be stopping by next week. I know it's winter and not many people are traveling, but if you're interested in one of the big items, lets talk and maybe we can work something out for a hold/visit come warmer weather.

7. #04 Westy main computer controller. Collectively, the buttons on these units are wearing over time. There is a fix for this wear documented on this Forum. The Espar heater in my Westy had a new CPU installed relatively early on. My Westy's original owner lived in Colorado and appeared, from the notes/receipts I received, to be one of the early ones to experience difficulty at high altitudes. The CPU replacement appears to have been done along with the high altitude kit and stand alone thermostat to improve operation at high altitude. This means that I only ever used the main computer control to operate the refrigerator/monitor battery voltage, both of which it did accurately and with reasonable effort IMO on the buttons. I cannot speak to the operation of the other functions. For this reason, and that this will not be a low dollar item, I am thinking of offering a 60 day guarantee with the sale of the controller. My thinking is that that will allow the purchaser to install the unit in their Westy, which is easily done right through the headliner opening, and take it for a test ride. Kiltym & Riptide, does this seem reasonable to you ?

Hotratz

Hello Robert,

Happy Holidays to you and everyone! Hope you all had a nice Christmas.

Did you by any chance keep the silver painted trim just below the slider rails of the upper bed? I am interested in those as well, if available. (see photo for clarification)

Thank you.

Attachments

Top Bottom