Washer fluid indicator always on - Solved!

Sprinter808

2005 Dodge 2500
So I learned about the problem of using orange RainX washer fluid ony after my third gallon.
The low fluid indicator stayed on after I filled the tank.

My solution was to mix 1 cup of white vinegar into 1 gallon of blue waher fluid.

After about 2 months of normal driving I was very pleased to see the indicator light go off!
A quick look at the dash lights before starting confirmed that the light still worked.
I hope this helps someone save some time, trouble and money.

Of course a good solution which is cheap will not be fast.
:rolleyes:

Mike DZ

2016 View 24V (2015 3500)
Didn't know there was a problem with orange RainX - I have been using same on and off for 3 years - only time I had a low fluid indication was when I had low fluid. Perhaps it was my on and off usage pattern.

SkyGypsy

There’s an indicator light? I’ve ran that tank dry several times and Ive never seen one.

autostaretx

Erratic Member

Goofy foot

sliding left...
Unknowingly, I let my tank run dry this summer, “low indicator” light came on. When I refilled it, after a few months, water only, the “low indicator” would not stop illuminating. Its still shining on today....

Attachments

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
There’s an indicator light? I’ve ran that tank dry several times and Ive never seen one.
Unknowingly, I let my tank run dry this summer, “low indicator” light came on. When I refilled it, after a few months, water only, the “low indicator” would not stop illuminating. Its still shining on today....
The level monitor may be just a mechanical float. If yes, it may be binding or otherwise stuck.

I recall that the pump/level unit plugs into a grommet type seal. It shouldn't be too difficult to remove the unit for inspection.

:cheers: vic

Top Bottom