No problems whatsoever with my T1N.

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
Forums like these tend to generate a fair amount of problems and solutions....so today.
Other than a loose connection at the air intake sensor (my fault I broke the plastic tab servicing something else) and a cracked resonator (I knew that was coming) in July, my van has been tickety boo for the last couple of years. It does constant service as both a general contracting work van, 7 passenger kid runner, and vacation time sleep in van (saved $$$ on motels etc last summer).
I’m feeling particularly pleased because my Espar, which was definitely a weak link, has a brand new (ish) fan motor installed, which runs quieter and trouble free, so going around town for work is warm and toasty.
So for me, good times, touch wood and all that.
p.s. just remembered my transmission went into hard LHM in 2018 but I’m pretty sure that was due to the wrong fluid generating lots of fine particulate, and a thorough cleaning of the valve body set that right.

VinceP

2005 158" High Roof Pass.
Very similar experience here. With all the odd and ends fixed at the beginning, and with a brand new Espar in (What a treat in Montreal's winter), My T1N is really reliable. Carrying kids hockey team or some appliances depending of the needs. It did a 5000 km trip with my sister in law and her 4 kids last summer with NO problems at all. Since my crank sensor nightmare (i.e. tranny removal because it broke), it's been a breeze. The new battery makes it start easily at very cold temps, but the Espar is by far the best block heater I ever had.

Love it more than ever!

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
Coming up on three years of ownership of my 2004 (I’m third owner... first was a courier, prev owner a mountain biker)
Spent the first couple of months playing catch-up... now my daily driver, and after 45,000 trouble free miles I’m a fan.

-dave

glasseye

My sigfile says it all. Ten years, over six times around the world equivalent mileage, zero serious issues.

And an absolute delight to drive. :rad:

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
I am over 90k miles (190K total) on my van. several continents, thousands upon thousands of miles of dirt roads, mountains, blazing hot plains, and quite a few deep water crossings. Never left me stranded, never failed to start. A few turbo hoses, failed injector seal, one leaking fuel line, and a handful of minor broken plastic bits. Oh, and my shifter park interlock didn't work. Plus routine maintenance of course (cooling system, belt drive, brakes, filters, fluids).

Still running strong, and I plan on another 100k miles before she gets sold to another adventure ready person.

sepudo

No problems here as well.

With preventative maintenance; filters, fluids, and other wearable parts I've been across the US west to East and back as well as up to Alaska and back.

Here's to another 100k of fun and 24mpg fuel economy.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ions82

I am over 90k miles (190K total) on my van. several continents, thousands upon thousands of miles of dirt roads, mountains, blazing hot plains, and quite a few deep water crossings. Never left me stranded, never failed to start. A few turbo hoses, failed injector seal, one leaking fuel line, and a handful of minor broken plastic bits. Oh, and my shifter park interlock didn't work. Plus routine maintenance of course (cooling system, belt drive, brakes, filters, fluids).

Still running strong, and I plan on another 100k miles before she gets sold to another adventure ready person.
Why preemptively plan to sell it? If it's still going strong at 290K, why not keep it around (as you'll know all about its history)?

Except for an electrical issue that took me awhile to track down, that was misdiagnosed by two professional mechanics...I've had no issues with my 2005 Sprinter Westfalia since I purchased it five years ago with 95K on the odo. It now has 125K on it.

I feel so strongly about the vehicle that I just gutted it and am doing a complete refitting-link to my build thread in my signature.

tinman

Hate to tempt fate, but coming 8 years, about 50k miles driven, coast to coast to coast in Canada and much of the US, routine maintenance and the only failed components a few light bulbs. Well, and the boost heater that has never worked since I learned it was there. (I don't need it because I park the van for the winter, but it still bugs me a bit.) I hope to own it as long as we're fit to travel. Anybody interested in buying it from me in ten or fifteen years, pm me. Happy to take deposits.

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Over the years, I've replaced about everything. Water pump, radiator, espar, fuel pump, aux water pump, heater, AC, Turbo.
I would expect that at my mileage and years. But it has never left me on the side of the road.
I've also gone through three different tool storage designs. Daily driver.

Top Bottom