311 CDI 2001 Side Door Latch fault

motomob

Hi, the latch at the back of the sliding door on my sprinter seems to have malfunctioned. When the door is shut and the pin on the door slides into the catch it doesn't hold it but simply rolls back out again and the door is left ajar.
Can anyone post a photo from the service manual on how to replace the catch? I pick up the part from my local Mercedes Commercial dealer tomorrow so will hopefully be replacing it then. Thanks in advance.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
motomob
Your doors out of alignment or it needs an adjustment did you check it out ?
311 CDI your off shore from where! big world.
Richard

motomob

I'm in London. thanks for the reply. Not sure on the runners being out of alignment but I've bought a new latch system and new keys and a barrell for the side door now and will be fitting it this evening so any digram woudl be appreciated so I don't snap anything. The latch used to hold but it was getting harder and harder for it to push all the way in so you may be right it is in actual fact the runners that aren;t allowing the pin to roll the latch back far enough for it to get to the point it locks. If the latch looks okay when I take it off I'll have a go at re alligning the runners... Any hints on that?

Top Bottom