DashDaq Series 2

shanemac

In my quest for squeezing more info out of my sprinter i decided to go with DashDaq series data logger/gauges http://www.dashdaq.com/index.htm

Its pricey but i just had to have it...the scan gauge unit was my second choice. The dashdaq recognized 34 perimeters, i tried the Chrysler enhanced data license perimeters but it will not work...maybe a Mercedes enhanced license would work if it was available. I just received unit today so still getting things set up but over all its a nice easy system to work with. More later.

72chevy4x4

I have been using ScanTool for a couple of years and it works nicely on the new sprinter. Not sure of the number of parameters, but I recognize all the stuff you have have listed below and more. The ScanTool system comes w/ the OBD connector and software to run on a laptop...not stand alone like yours but great for my needs.

shanemac

Shane, what does something like that cost?
More than i should have payed:bash: i would have been better off ordering direct from dashdaq but ordered from a local Canadian dealer the only advantage i had the unit in my hands the following day.

Mine is the gps version and the mapping software for my local area is badly dated...i may demand a map update for free:professor:

I loaded the fuel economy driver on unit and just getting that setup. It is surprising my engine temp the speed at which it climbs up put the booster heater on and its amazing the temp rise, the highest i seen engine temp 185F, volts gauge is good to have finally, fuel rail pressure is interesting too.

How many would like to see a video of the unit? and who can handle the bandwidth?:tongue:

I would like to post some info about the data port cable i believe its is a very similar cable to the scan gauge i had to unmount the port connection on van and let the block dangle inside, if the cable end was 10-12mm less in height i could close the cover without modding.

kmessinger

I'd like to see a video also. Looks like this will show exhaust temp and transmission temp?

BTW, $535 at Amazon.

Thanks,

Keith

Last edited:

shanemac

Great i will work on a video.

Looks like this will show exhaust temp and transmission temp?
Yes but no tranny temp or oil temp, but if there was a Mercedes enhanced data license it might be able to, the dash daq can be hooked up to external sensors for logging but need hardware to pull that off.

Last edited:

twistyroad

In the western hemishere, it seems as Garmin has the most current GPS data.
Actually, like almost all other GPS system manufacturers, Garmin doesn't "do" its own map data. Like many other GPS systems (including Magellan, Lowrance, etc.), they use mapping databases from Navteq.
BTW, Navteq's main competitor is TeleAtlas, which provides the mapping data for systems such as Google Maps and TomTom.

shanemac

I gotta take back my comment about the gps mapping with my unit its much better than i first suspected, programming a route is user friendly over all I'm happy with the whole product. When i got looking at stand alone gps systems with this size of screen there around 300 hundred and up..i still payed a hundred or so more than i should have...oh well. I will work on more photos and some video in the next few days.

rik

I have been using ScanTool for a couple of years and it works nicely on the new sprinter. Not sure of the number of parameters, but I recognize all the stuff you have have listed below and more. The ScanTool system comes w/ the OBD connector and software to run on a laptop...not stand alone like yours but great for my needs.
72chevy4x4, i think when you say "scantool" you're referring to http://www.scantool.net ? (sometimes people seem to use this as a generic reference to any/all OBD-II, CAN, ... monitor it seems?) their software page lists several solutions, and now it seems bluetooth and wireless are bringing it to smart phones (via DashCommand and Rev).

but i'm trying out the goLink OBD-II cable to iPhones, and am disappointed as to how FEW channels it can see. it sounds like you're getting a lot?!

as a windoz avoider, i'm also looking for Linux solutions that can speak to this hardware; has anyone else explored this?

Top Bottom