Main Beam aka High H1 headlamp change

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Search:
Hi beam high beam lamp bulb change replace repair fix

For the H7 dipped aka low beam headlamp it is relatively easy to see the clip and method for changing. The H1 high beam lamp is not so easy to see because it is tucked up higher and maybe deeper into the assembly.

There is a single slide-on connector for the H1 lamp 12 volt + wire. That is easy enough to remove. Do not remove the brown (12 volt negative) wire connector. That remains on the holder.

The clip bale design is less obvious. There is a single top lever which needs to be pushed in slightly and moved to the side. It is all done by feel. Once that clip is free the bale drops down to release the lamp.

I needed to take a picture with my phone to figure out the clip style. I thought that it might help others to just post that picture here.

T1NlampH1change.jpg

:cheers: vic

Last edited:

glasseye

Search:

I needed to take a picture with my phone to figure out the clip style. I thought that it might help others to just post that picture here.

View attachment 121383

EXCELLENT image! :cheers:

I've never yet had to change a high beam on Frito. Amazing really.

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
EXCELLENT image! :cheers:
Thanks. No talent involved. It was my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone held blindly and clicked based upon hope only. One of my better pictures. :rolleyes:

I've never yet had to change a high beam on Frito. Amazing really.
It turns out the H1 lamp was ok. The 10 amp fuse was open. I checked the harnesses, etc., but all looks ok. I'll ass-u-me that the new fuse is the cure... until it again decides to blow.

Top Bottom