VS30 Under Seat wiring Diagram F150/1, F150/4, F150/5, EK1 Goal Zero Yeti Charging

mcjohnson5174- Thanks for the write up. Can you give any details on the mounted fuse box you installed. I am looking to do something simular to your set up. Thanks
1589378170486.png

Airtime

Would one of these terminal fuses fit in stud #6 location? View attachment 134355

It would save some lug connections, but not sure if it would be best to just go with the resettable fuses I see people attaching with 3M tape.
Not sure if this is too late for you, but at least on my 2019, there is already an 80A fuse prior to stud#6, under that plastic cover. I'm going to use stud #6 and don't plan to add another fuse or breaker under the seat. I'll put a disconnect closer to my DC-DC for convenience. If you wanted a 100A fuse you could just replace the 80A fuse that is there. Nice and clean, no tape needed.

I posted a picture here:
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/82125/post-886342

fourbeer

Not sure if this is too late for you, but at least on my 2019, there is already an 80A fuse prior to stud#6, under that plastic cover. I'm going to use stud #6 and don't plan to add another fuse or breaker under the seat. I'll put a disconnect closer to my DC-DC for convenience. If you wanted a 100A fuse you could just replace the 80A fuse that is there. Nice and clean, no tape needed.

I posted a picture here:
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/index.php?threads/82125/post-886342
No worries. I ended up putting a 60 amp resettable fuse right after the post. It worked out well. I didn't need to purchase any of the MB parts quoted early in the thread since the EK1 was installed.

Attachments

buildyourown

Digging around under the seat looking for a place to attached my aux battery charger. That #6 stud with the 80amp fuse looks like the perfect spot.
Anybody figure out how to change this fuse if and when it blows?
Looks like I have to remove that whole cover but thats a lot of work for a fuse. It would actually be nice to put in a smaller fuse so I can run a smaller wire to my 30amp charger. Also, it looks like you can add a fuse to the #11 stud. (mine is unused)

zither99

How would one connect a Battery Selection switch to direct power from the Sprinter AUX battery to a Fuse Box or the GoalZero? Positive cables go to the Switch, but what about the ground/negative? Do they boy terminate at the Fuse box, since the goal zero isn't grounded with the vehicle...?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There is no negative attachment point at the VS30 Aux connections box.
The easiest answers are to tie to the frame metal where the Goal Zero is located, or use one of the seat pedestal attachment bolts as your negative "post". Cleaning away the Sprinter's paint underneath the negative cable's ring terminal will give a better connection.

--dick

Top Bottom