2020 playbook out

Deemers

Every time I put the 2019 in park and take the seat belt off the electric E brake is applied. I haven’t found a way to override it, only thing I have found to do is release it before shutting the engine off. It’s a stinking auto trans I don’t need help every time from the computer!

drbutton

Every time I put the 2019 in park and take the seat belt off the electric E brake is applied. I haven’t found a way to override it, only thing I have found to do is release it before shutting the engine off. It’s a stinking auto trans I don’t need help every time from the computer!
Funny, I rented C-class MB last summer and discovered this same feature and really liked it. Its on the Sprinter and I like it there too. I get tired of pulling the lever for the emergency brakes on my other cars as I often must to keep the strain off the transmission. I suppose its just a matter of taste...

sanomechanic

Funny, I rented C-class MB last summer and discovered this same feature and really liked it. Its on the Sprinter and I like it there too. I get tired of pulling the lever for the emergency brakes on my other cars as I often must to keep the strain off the transmission. I suppose its just a matter of taste...
There is no strain on a transmission being in placed park. Electronic parking brakes are prone to failures. Especially on off road applications.

Waters

Hi Everyone-
I’m new to the forum. Have done a bunch of reading on this forum as well as internet research trying to make a solid choice for a new van. US brands have been eliminated as too problematic, gas sprinter no better mileage, and now new-to-me info has me questioning the Sprinter as well. Some say the worst emissions related kinks have been corrected in the diesel but then there have been 11 recalls on the 2019 model, none of them minor. I think one source mentioned that passenger vans are not disassembled/reassembled when made in Germany? Do the recalls pertain mostly to reassembled vans? If so, would the diesel sprinter be a good bet?

red_johnny

Hi Everyone-
I’m new to the forum. Have done a bunch of reading on this forum as well as internet research trying to make a solid choice for a new van. US brands have been eliminated as too problematic, gas sprinter no better mileage, and now new-to-me info has me questioning the Sprinter as well. Some say the worst emissions related kinks have been corrected in the diesel but then there have been 11 recalls on the 2019 model, none of them minor. I think one source mentioned that passenger vans are not disassembled/reassembled when made in Germany? Do the recalls pertain mostly to reassembled vans? If so, would the diesel sprinter be a good bet?
While you are in the right section you might want to find a more suitable thread. But I will try to address a few. If you are worried about the emissions then why wouldn't you go for the gas? If its for the power I can understand that. If you take care of everything and get services done at or before the recommended intervals than all should be fine (emission wise). Some sprinters are made in the US and some in Germany. I think most of us hope that the 2020 will sort out most of the supply issues.

Top Bottom