2019 Roambuilt Roof Rack

FlaJoe

Funny, just an association with one of the better fly rod builders. The shade is for Tami and two chairs!

FlaJoe

Looking great. I love the cabinet on the sliding door side.
I do too, my idea, but Brian enjoyed the radius challenge and he did a great job. I like the tackle, etc drawers in the back too and the side holes are for fly rods. His Dad, Dave, worked on that.

81duck

I do too, my idea, but Brian enjoyed the radius challenge and he did a great job. I like the tackle, etc drawers in the back too and the side holes are for fly rods. His Dad, Dave, worked on that.
Very cool, I love it when people build for specific function rather than just looks!

FlaJoe

Is the Bamboo stained or is it the 'toasted' varietal?
Plyboo but with several coatings of a finish. Some I have seen look dry and sometimes it’s how the light is hitting. Told momentum wanted the edges honed and a honey look, which produces a semi gloss to gloss finish. Very pleased with Momentum.

Nomics

Plyboo but with several coatings of a finish. Some I have seen look dry and sometimes it’s how the light is hitting. Told momentum wanted the edges honed and a honey look, which produces a semi gloss to gloss finish. Very pleased with Momentum.
The bamboo looks so nice. Evaluating the list of possible builders and this definitely caught my eye. I like Momentum's attention to detail. sorry for the rack thread hijack.

mk216v

Clean!
Do you get to choose receiving the MV logo work, or is it come automatically and that's the only way they build?

FlaJoe

I am sure you can ask to eliminate it, but I don't mind it. Up and coming and custom. They do each logo application a little different, depending on the build.

81duck

This is a 144 high roof 2019 4x4. I plan to add my 365 LG solar panel on the front part of the rack.
Curious how much you drove the van before adding that rack. Looks like there could be some serious airflow disturbance with the air rising off the windshield/top of van and hitting that large overhang, even with the expanded aluminum on the rack. Add a solar panel and it seems like the airflow disturbance would be even more pronounced? Have you noticed any difference in handling/gas mileage?

Last edited:

Park City Mike

Curious how much you drove the van before adding that rack. Looks like there could be some serious airflow disturbance with the air rising off the windshield/top of van and hitting that large overhang, even with the expanded aluminum on the rack. Add a solar panel and it seems like the airflow disturbance would be even more pronounced? Have you noticed any difference in handling/gas mileage?
When the wind pics up I definitely notice that i'm driving a tall van with a rack on top, but not hugely different from before the rack went on.
Surprisingly I don't notice any wind noise inside the cab coming from the rack. I insulated the roof of the cab between the headliner and the sheet metal with Thinsulate so maybe that's blocking all the noise. MPGs are not my main concern and i have therefor not been tracking the changes in MPGs with each stage of my buildout. I'd rather have my van look and function the way I want instead of saving a couple MPGs. I drive the van almost every day and i'm happy with the drivablilitly.

FlaJoe

Does anyone have any information on whether Roambuilt has a brush guard type front bumper. I understood they were shooting for one before May 1, for Overland West, which got pushed..... looking for a nice brush guard that is compatible with the VC hidden winch.

Top Bottom