Can someone recommend MB C4 Diag vendor

rogerball0

UK Spec 2002 LWB 311 CDI
As the title suggests, i'm gonna take the plunge and purchase a system but before i do does anyone have any recommendations regarding who to buy from?

Cheers

Roger

marklg

As the title suggests, i'm gonna take the plunge and purchase a system but before i do does anyone have any recommendations regarding who to buy from?

Cheers

Roger
Why did you decide on the C4 and not C3 or C5? I'm looking to get one of those, but haven't decided on which one. Google shows several sources in the UK. No idea about them.

Regards,

Mark

rogerball0

UK Spec 2002 LWB 311 CDI
Why did you decide on the C4 and not C3 or C5? I'm looking to get one of those, but haven't decided on which one. Google shows several sources in the UK. No idea about them.

Regards,

Mark
Hi Mark, I placed an order last night for the C4 system, I've had a couple of conversations with our friends in China and the received wisdom seems to be the C4 (with SSD) is quicker & more reliable than the older C3 system and seeing as there's little difference in price plus it can be used wirelessly, seemed a better bet.

I currently possess an Icarsoft MB 2 diag box but have had nothing but problems with it, both updating and fault finding. Still trying to cure a few electrical faults as well as a mechanical problem.

Plus my local Merc dealer has the attitude of, "leave it with us Sir and i'm sure we'll find the problem". Me: "how longs that gonna take?" Merc: "we'll let you know". At £100 an hour plus Vat i finally decided to bite the bullet & buy my own system and do it myself.

FWIW i've tried a couple of UK-based sellers and were found to be Bullsh1ters as neither carried any inventory. It seemed to me at least all they did was order it from China where i've ordered mine and added £150 to the price.
One UK seller, after i'd paid him went to ground for 2 weeks - seriously nothing, it was only after the threat of legal action he popped back up and refunded my money.

The other was a Polish guy advertising on Gumtree (a C3 system) who's system i purchased and when it didn't work surprise surprise he too diasppeared on me. Ended up doxxing him on a FB sprinter forum and what do you know "he was just about to pay me" Me: "yeah sure you were."

So this is what i've ordered:

http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/mb-sd-c4-star-diagnosis-with-256gb-ssd-plus-dell-d630-laptop-4gb-memory-software-installed.html

I'll let you know how i get on..............................

Last edited:

marklg

Hi Mark, I placed an order last night for the C4 system, I've had a couple of conversations with our friends in China and the received wisdom seems to be the C4 (with SSD) is quicker & more reliable than the older C3 system and seeing as there's little difference in price plus it can be used wirelessly, seemed a better bet.

<snip>

So this is what i've ordered:

http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/mb-sd-c4-star-diagnosis-with-256gb-ssd-plus-dell-d630-laptop-4gb-memory-software-installed.html

I'll let you know how i get on..............................
That is the place that Dennis recommended and I would also get the ready to run system with SSD, so pretty much that. Did you get the Whatsapp discount? Do they offer slower shipping? The fast shipping to the US is kind of expensive. Prusa is going to send me a 3D printer from the Czech Republic to the US for about $50. Shipping from China to the US is usually reasonable, probably subsidized.

Why not a C5?

Regards,

Mark

rogerball0

UK Spec 2002 LWB 311 CDI
That is the place that Dennis recommended and I would also get the ready to run system with SSD, so pretty much that. Did you get the Whatsapp discount? Do they offer slower shipping? The fast shipping to the US is kind of expensive. Prusa is going to send me a 3D printer from the Czech Republic to the US for about $50. Shipping from China to the US is usually reasonable, probably subsidized.

Why not a C5?

Regards,

Mark
Got 15% off, good to know i'm buying from the right place. Gleaned from a few fora that the C5 is for models 2006 onwards, my vans 2002 but rather confusingly read elsewhere that it will work on older models.

Yeah the shipping to the UK 3-5 days and pretty dear at £115 but want to sort out my vans problems before christmas.

Hope that helps

Roger

*EDIT* 5% off not 15 but the shipping was dearer than quoted at checkout, i dont know why but if i get it in 5 days i'll be happy although other purchases i've made recently from China; phones & power tools have been about 7 days and quite alot less.

Last edited:

rogerball0

UK Spec 2002 LWB 311 CDI
It gets better! Postage costs are £93 instead of £115 and have just got conformation via DHL (after paying a whooping £3.88 import duty) the system will be delivered Tuesday AM, Can't say fairer than that. Definitely need this to sort glow plug probs and other assorted electrical scorcery that's made itself apparent on the dashboard.

#nomorewaiting3weeksfortheguppysatmerctolookatit

rogerball0

UK Spec 2002 LWB 311 CDI
Its arrived!

Ordered Wednesday night & delivered Monday afternoon from China. First impressions are very good as it came well packaged, on opening it consists of a hard case for the cables and multiplexer and a laptop bag that with the Dell D630 in it. The laptop looks and feels brand new.

Also got a mouse and a few accessories including what looks like a brand new power supply. Just been playing with the software in simulation mode as i think a good bit of practice wouldn't hurt before plugging into the van. I haven't plugged the multiplexer in yet, i may do that tomorrow night just to make sure it works but overall very pleased. And i just found the test modes for the block heater too - hooray!

IMG_20191104_202756.jpg

IMG_20191104_202819.jpg

IMG_20191104_202834.jpg

IMG_20191104_203615.jpg

Cheers

marklg

Its arrived!

Ordered Wednesday night & delivered Monday afternoon from China. First impressions are very good as it came well packaged, on opening it consists of a hard case for the cables and multiplexer and a laptop bag that with the Dell D630 in it. The laptop looks and feels brand new.

Also got a mouse and a few accessories including what looks like a brand new power supply. Just been playing with the software in simulation mode as i think a good bit of practice wouldn't hurt before plugging into the van. I haven't plugged the multiplexer in yet, i may do that tomorrow night just to make sure it works but overall very pleased. And i just found the test modes for the block heater too - hooray!

View attachment 120788

View attachment 120789

View attachment 120790

View attachment 120791

Cheers
The deliberate misspellings crack me up.

Good luck with it,

Mark

hippy

Hardware Modifier
Hello there
How have you been getting on with your c4?
I'm just about to take the plunge, could you share the seller you had success with please.
Also in the UK
Cheers
Mark

rogerball0

UK Spec 2002 LWB 311 CDI
Hello there
How have you been getting on with your c4?
I'm just about to take the plunge, could you share the seller you had success with please.
Also in the UK
Cheers
Mark
Yeah all good, quite intuitive software.
Vendor details in Post number 3

cheers

rogerball0

UK Spec 2002 LWB 311 CDI
Sorry for the late reply, i wouldn't know where to look but will have a shufty when i use it on the weekend.

Cheers

Roger

Cwhite87

So i ordered mine after reading this thread from http://www.chinacardiags.com/wholes...aptop-4gb-memory-support-offline-p-11331.html
and shipping to the US was 2 weeks due to the Coronovirus. Thankfully my shipment didnt come with that. but the computer and soft ware all works. computer is a 5 out of 10 stars not as refurbished as american standards are the screen hindges are loose and case is a little beat up. everything else was top notch, packaging with nicely done. and supportive. i recommend them..

Gwilym & Eddy the Merckx

2000 208 CDi MWB Bus & 2005 313 CDi 4mWB Crew Van
A C3 has just popped up on Gumtree for £360 and it’s a only few minutes from where I live… Just to confirm these are Chinese made aftermarket bits of kit right?
Being second hand how reliable are these things?

Referencing billintomohawk in another thread on the C3 or C4 it looks like I’d be better off buying the Autel MD802 but I have a 14 pin round connection and all of the issues around the adaptor throw me off making a decision… AGAIN!

Last edited:

storm2016

I bought this C4 DoIP mux to use on with our Sprinters. Very well packaged. It includes the computer, software (preloaded) and the diagnostic interface plus connectors for all sorts of MB vehicles. The Sprinter used the OBD II connector but many other MB vehicles use other connects which are included here.

It covers MB models back to the 90’s - both commercial and passenger vehicles. Purchased Sep. 2020 - Used 5-6 times to check codes, reset codes, reprogram key functions etc.

Works as advertised. Also give access to the WIS which is an extensive repair manual for MB vehicles.

Order mine here: https://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/doip-mb-sd-c4-plus-with-software-ssd-lenovo-x220-laptop.html

I paid $719 plus $111 to get it here from China.

Attachments

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
I bought this C4 DoIP mux to use on with our Sprinters. Very well packaged. It includes the computer, software (preloaded) and the diagnostic interface plus connectors for all sorts of MB vehicles. The Sprinter used the OBD II connector but many other MB vehicles use other connects which are included here.

It covers MB models back to the 90’s - both commercial and passenger vehicles. Purchased Sep. 2020 - Used 5-6 times to check codes, reset codes, reprogram key functions etc.

Works as advertised. Also give access to the WIS which is an extensive repair manual for MB vehicles.

Order mine here: https://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/doip-mb-sd-c4-plus-with-software-ssd-lenovo-x220-laptop.html

I paid $719 plus $111 to get it here from China.
Not worth the money you spent, especially if the scanner is bought for NCV3 or VS30. A $50 Openport with Xentry Passthru will give the same capability as a C4... No DoiP with the Chinese C4 clones... It is a simple marketing trick.

Top Bottom